Two.

Lauren Jauregui hates change. Even the slightest change can make her upset, because it ruins her routines and she hates it when things mess with her routines. She needs structure, and change ruins all of that.

Lauren wants to dislike Camila, because Camila's presence meant change. Change was bad. Therefore, Camila should be bad too, except she's not. In Lauren's opinion, Camila is wonderful.

She's been around for a total of two days, and while Lauren hasn't exactly gotten the courage to speak to her properly, Camila always smiles at her when she comes into the room, and it's comforting. If Camila is smiling at her, it means she likes her. Sometimes Camila asks her questions, and while Lauren's a little too frightened to answer them properly, she still likes that she's asked, because it means that Camila wants to be friends.

On Camila's third day of school, Lauren decides that yes, they're friends. She walks into her music class ten minutes early, because she likes to be punctual, and informs her teacher that she wants Camila to sit next to her, because they're friends, and friends are supposed to sit next to each other. Lauren bounces in her seat when Camila walks into the classroom and sits down next to her, because she's excited to have a new friend, but when Camila greets her, she blushes and falls silent. She doesn't want to do anything Camila might consider to be strange, so she keeps her mouth shut.

That's when Camila gives her the look.

She stares at her like she's done something wrong, her eyebrows dipping into a frown, and Lauren decides that she really doesn't like it when Camila frowns, because when she's smiling, Camila is very pretty. Lauren likes to look at her sometimes. The look puts Lauren off, and she shrinks down in her seat in an effort to make herself smaller, tapping her fingers against the table and trying to ignore how she can feel Camila's brown eyes piercing holes into the back of her head.

Lauren stays silent for most of their music class, but answers Camila's questions and tries to be as polite as she can. Sometimes she sees Camila frowning, and she knows that it's a bad thing, but she doesn't know why she's frowning, because as far as she knows, she hasn't said anything to upset her. That's why she wasn't speaking as much, because sometimes she said things that upset people and she didn't want to frighten Camila off by doing that.

Because Lauren likes Camila, and they're friends. She doesn't want to upset her new friend.

When class is over and it's time for their lunch break, Lauren walks behind Camila towards the art classroom, keeping a good amount of distance between them. She doesn't like being too close to someone she doesn't know very well, and until she gets to know Camila, she can't get too close. It upsets her.

Camila holds the door for the art classroom open for her, and Lauren silently thanks her with a shy smile as she heads for her usual seat. She opens up her sketchbook and searches in her backpack for her pencils, taking her time to pick up the perfect one. She pulls her phone out and opens up Camila's Instagram page – Dinah had linked it in the group chat the night before and told them all to follow her – picking a recent selfie Camila had posted.

Lauren really thinks that Camila is beautiful, and she believes that beauty should be captured in the form of art. Because she's too frightened to ask Camila to pose for her, she has to use the other girl's Instagram as a source for her portrait. She doesn't think she'll show her drawing to Camila, because she's not sure if that's okay and she doesn't know what Camila's reaction will be. Maybe she'll ask Dinah, because Camila seems to be closest to her.

"Hey, Laurenza?"

Lauren blinks in surprise when her name is called, because she'd tuned out the conversation to focus on her drawing. "Yes?"