1.

Before we start, my chapters are short intentionally.

Denver

I use my fingers to fan out my eyelashes after applying mascara, and blink rapidly. Moving my hair to one shoulder, I set up my camera and and turn it on, walking to the table I set up to make sure that I can easily be seen. Running my tongue along my teeth, I move the table a little closer and smile triumphantly when it's at the perfect position.

Grabbing my phone I sit it on the table and walk to my kitchen to grab a bottle of water. I carry it back to the table and hit record on my channel before sitting down. I scroll through my music, deciding on a song for the beginning of the video that I will add during editing and begin talking.

"Hi guys, and welcome to my channel! I'm Denver and if you didn't know that, now you do and you don't have to learn anything else today" I give a fake forced smile, before laughing quietly "The song of the video is Hold Me Down, by Halsey. It's a good song, listen to it if you want, or don't. Who am I to tell you what to do?"

"Anyways, I've been reaching out to people left and right trying to give you guys the collabs you want, and so far it's coming along well and I can't wait for you guys to see everything that's coming up" I clap, a bright grin on my face.

"However, as of right now I don't have any collabs ready right now, and I thought of the things i could do, then it hit me!" I widen my eyes "A Q&A" I yell enthusiastically "I haven't done one of these in a long time, and in the last couple of weeks I've gained quite a lot of new subscribers so what better time to do it?"

"I asked you guys to send me questions on my twitter, @itsdenverbrackins. Also on my instagram which has the same username of my twitter as well as comment on my recent video. Anyways, I'm here to answer them" I hold up my phone "So, let's not waste anymore time" I grin, unlocking my phone and going to my folder for my screenshots.

"I don't have many questions, maybe like 30, but it's alright. You'll get over it" I shrug, finding the first question "All the questions will be right here" I point to my left, above my head, knowing that's where I'll put them when I edit.

"Alright, so question one, will you be going to vidcon this year?" I read "I will be going to vidcon and I'm super excited, I link in the description where you can buy tickets"

"Have you ever had a crush on a youtuber? And if so, who?" I read off, and chuckle, covering my face "Uh, I do have a crush on another youtuber, but and it is-" I cut myself off knowing I'm going to put some noise to cover it, and move on to the next question.

"Will you do a new DIY please?" I read, drawling out the please to emphasize the repetition of the letters "I'll think about it" I wink, already having it in my plans.

I continue to answer the questions and finish the video. Picking up my camera and plugging it into my MacBook to edit it.

"Hey Bitch, I want food. Do you have any?" My best friend Jen walking into my room, plopping down on my bed "Editing?" She asks.

"Yeah, I just started and I'm already bored" I chuckle.

"Well come with me to get food" She grabs my wrist.

"I can't" I whine.

"Den" She whines.

"Jen" I pout "Please let me finish"

"Not when I'm starving" She pulls me out of my chair, making me fall onto the floor "Sorry Bitch" She lightly kicks my side.

"You're a terrible friend"

"Have you messaged that guy yet? What's his name?" She trails off, snapping her fingers.

"Austin" I answer and she nods.

"Yeah! Him" She says "Have you?"

"No" I shake my head "I'm nervous" I blush.

Austin and I had met once before at vidcon but it didn't go much further than that considering I completely embarrassed myself.

"Oh my gosh, Den" Jen rolls her eyes "I doubt he even remembers that. It was like 3 years ago"

"I don't know" I shake my head and she rolls her eyes pulling me phone from my pocket "What are you doing? Give that back!" I try to reach for it, but since she's so much taller than me, as I stand at about 5'2 and she's at at least 5'8 she can easily hold it above my head "Jen" I whine, and then she hands it back.

She had sent a DM to Austin through Twitter and my face turns bright red "Stop being so embarrassed. You're so shy it kills me" She rolls her eyes.

"I'm not shy"

"The only time you'll take to someone is for a video or when meeting fans. You're shy"

"Whatever" I roll my eyes. I read the message, so thankful that she didn't make it weird or anything and she just kept it simple.

@itsdenverbrackins: Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to do a collab for our channels? Let me know😊

"Can we go get food now?" She asks and I nod, following her out of my apartment and towards her car. She drives us to wherever she wants whole we make small talk and just as we pull up to a restaurant, my phone buzzes with a notification from Twitter.

"Holy shit it's him!" I gasp, the notification telling me he sent me a message.

"Open it!" She demands, and I oblige, sliding the notification, my phone unlocking and opening my DMs.

@austinmahone: Sure, I'd love to. I'm free whenever you are😉

"He sent me a winky face" I gush "What the hell does that mean?"

"Literally Den, calm down" Jen rolls her eyes "Just write a reply and then you guys can set a date"

"A date?" I gape and for the millionth time today she rolls her eyes.

"A date as in a day in the calendar, Jesus you need to get laid" She climbs out of the car and I follow her, my thumbs hovering over the keyboard as I think of what to say.

@itsdenverbrackins: Well, I normally post videos every Saturday

I hit send and he almost immediately replies back.

@austinmahone: I do too. So, that works for the both of us

@itsdenverbrackins: So Thursday? That's normally when I record mine.

@austinmahone: It's a date😏