6| Pretenders and Perceptions

Dedicated to:Vanillascone

Thank you so so much for supporting me tremendously in both my books! You've played a big part in my happiness :) Thanks again for this sweet cover hun! Its really very cute! :3

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Take a chance because you never know how perfect something might turn out"

~QuotesGram

Claire's POV

Lunch break rolled in pretty fast. As usual, I sat on a table with Logan and Adriel by my side. Generally in break time, the three of us were found laughing hysterically at our jokes or roasting a bully's fucked up life.

But at that instant, we were all silent, especially Logan. He was wordlessly digging and circling his fork in his noodles for what seemed like forever, without taking any bite.

My eyes remained fixed on the prominent redness on his cheekbone, a little below his left eye. Instinctively, my hand shot up to touch the bruise. Almost as if Logan sensed my hand coming, he turned his head away in time.

"Don't" he ordered; his voice was hoarse and miserable "It hurts"

"I'm sorry this happened to you, Logan"

"It wasn't your fault, Cookie Jar" he finally looked up at me "And by the way, this isn't the first time it's has happened" saying that, he finally took a bite of his noodles.

Yes it wasn't, but the bruise looked pretty painful from up close. My sorrow was replaced with anger shooting wildly down my veins. How dare Carlton hurt him so bad? What did Logan ever do to him?

"Logan..." Adriel, who had been silent all along, finally spoke up "What did Carlton say to you?"

He abruptly stopped eating. Frozen, he looked up at her raising his eyebrows. 'What?' his eyes seemed to ask.

"You see, hitting is one thing, but that shouldn't cause you emotional pain" Adriel elucidated "You're unexpectedly quiet Teddie Bear, and that's not you. I'm sure Carlton said something, didn't he?"

I turned to look at him. Adriel was right, Logan always had something to talk about but it was never anything related to him though. It was rare for him to talk about himself. At that moment, Logan was hushed and it was not normal.

On hearing that, Logan bit his lower lip and lowered his head, examining the fork in his hands. Casually, he exclaimed "He called me a 'virgin dipshit' and said that I can't get myself a girlfriend"

My lips parted in astonishment while Adriel gasped loudly.

"That is so fucking rude!" she half-yelled, attracting the attention of a few people around us. She realized soon that she was too loud and lowered her voice to whispers "Don't worry Logan! We'll prove him wrong!"