44| Meeting and Melting

Dedicated to:sreelakshmi1328

Thank you for being awesome and supporting me :) I love you votes and comments!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason"

~Pinterest

Claire's POV  (4 YEARS AGO)

"I was looking for a freshman like you on the first day" the bad boy clenched and unclenched his fists "Look, guys, I found a fucking nerd!"

Everyone around me started giggling under their breaths while these five guys laughed their heads off. My heart shrunk to the size of an atom. Tears stung the sides of my eyes and I gulped.

Did I just become 'That girl' now? That girl who gets bullied, just like middle school? Out of all those freshmen walking past us, they just had to pick on me. Why? Because I looked feeble and incapable of harm?

"Hey!" the janitor came ambling up to us "Clean up this mess, now!"

The bad boy gave me a death glare.

Automatically, my hands reached the fallen papers on the floor and started picking them up. My hands brushed the shoes of other students as I collected the papers and they didn't bother to move away or give me room to crouch.

I felt worthless, broken, shattered.

Just when I was about to break down, someone else crouched beside me. I looked up and stared into a pair of blue, compassionate eyes behind glasses.

"I'll help you with these" the blonde guy muttered, bending down and picking the rest of the papers.

The students around us whispered and gasped and some even chuckled but I didn't mind that anymore, I felt accompanied and liked at that moment.

"Here" he handed the papers to me, dusting his jeans. He wore a simple white T-shirt, his hair was brushed neatly in place and a pair of thin glasses sat on his nose.

"I'm Logan" he stated, shaking my hand.

I was completely shaken up, devastated to the point that I couldn't even comprehend what he was saying.

He must've noticed this. Placing one hand on my shoulder, he muttered "Let's get out of here"

He wrapped his hands around my wrist and began to pull me somewhere from betwixt the crowd. I didn't know who he was and had no idea where he was taking me, but at least I was far, far, away from those treacherous boys who were bullying me.

We ended up in the less crowded part of the building where he turned around and smiled at me "Let me guess – you're good at math"

I raised my eyebrows in humiliation "Um...kinda...how'd you guess?"

"I knew it" he pursed his lips "Those guys always pick on nerds, I don't know how they do it...oh...I'm sorry, let me introduce myself. I'm Logan Walker, who're you?"

"Claire Annesley" I giggled at his charisma as he brushed his long hair that fell over his eyes.

I was about to thank him for helping me out of there when I was interrupted by someone.

"Hey Loggie!" an auburn haired girl pirouetted towards him. Her blue eyes sparkled as she stared intently at him "It's so good to see you on the first day!"