14| Cold and Conflict

Dedicated to:Basorexia-

Thank you for being a sweetheart and always, voting, commenting and PMing <3

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"It's hard to lose someone you love, but it's even worse to lose yourself while loving them"

~Pinterest

Logan's POV

My fingers enclosed around the cool, smooth glass. With a swift moment, I winched the glass up and drank, allowing the ice-cold liquid to soothingly travel down my throat.

The water tasted as tasteless as ever.

Riotous trance songs were being played on full volume, shaking the floor, vibrating down my body and trembling deep in my ears. The beats of the song boomed and thudded rhythmically along with my heart beat.

All around me, the highschoolers raised their red cups in the air, dancing and swaying with the beats. Several people were making out in the dark corners of the house while my squad was busy getting drunk. I got away from them immediately, before they start coaxing me to drink with them, and told them I was thirsty.

This was my first highschool party, and I shall admit, I was already feeling sick here. I couldn't fit in at all without Adriel and Claire. Just as the thought of Claire crossed my mind, my phone vibrated in my pocket. My ring tone barely reached my ears over the thunderous music.

The caller name was Claire. My eyes widened the size of saucers and a chill ran down my nape as realization struck me.

I was supposed to be studying with her! How could I forget?

I gulped once, twice, before answering "Hello!" I smiled, trying to sound as cheerful as possible, even though I had to practically yell over the sounds.

What if she's mad at me?

"Where the flying fuck are you?" she bellowed from the other end.

Yup, she was mad at me.

"I'm...I'm at a party with my...my friends..." I stuttered. Funny how Angry-Claire was capable scaring me so much "I'm really sorry Claire I forgot about our study session-"

"Oh fuck the session!" she screamed a little and then slowed down "I have something that belongs to you"

My heart skipped a beat as I squinted to understand the meaning behind her words. It didn't really help.

"Guess what it is?" she spoke in a challenging tone and it was creeping me out. I felt as if I was in a horror movie and some serial killer had called me up to tell me she deduced my location.

I almost jumped when she suddenly screamed again. She was really fuming with anger "Your stupid biology test!"

I felt the ground shift from beneath my feet. How the hell did she-

"Yes Loggie, that's right" she exclaimed "I'm standing in the centre of your room, staring at your biology test in which you got a fucking  C" she said the last few words through gritted teeth.

"Um...I...I...I was feeling embarrassed to study about reproduction"

That seemed to piss her off even more.

I apologised to her saying that I got drifted away a little and forgot to study for it. She continued lecturing me about how important it was to conquer our dream and by every passing minute, I was starting to get more annoyed.