13| Blue and Blind

Dedicated to:dark_white_reader

Thank you for you lovely votes and comments! Keep supporting like this ;)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Knowing that you're gone isn't as painful as wondering if you'll ever come back"

~Anonymous

Claire's POV

Just like he stated, Logan was at my doorstep within ten minutes.

Hurriedly, I grabbed my navy-blue hoodie and rushed outdoors. The cold Californian atmosphere instantly made my cheeks go numb. I lifted my hands upto my lips to blow warm air on them.

Logan stood rooted near the gate, his hands crossed across his chest as he gave me a heart-warming smile. My heart fluttered a little and I returned the smile.

Adjusting his beanie in place, he extended his hand towards me and blissfully, I intertwined our fingers together. He pulled me close to him and placed a warm kiss on my knuckles, clasping that hand between his.

His sudden gesture made me hot all over, overpowering the coolness of the freezing gale "Evening, Cookie Jar"

My hair swished with the breeze; I tucked the strands behind my ears and exclaimed "Evening"

With our hands linked together, Logan led us outside into the street. The tangerine-orange light of the street lamps bounced off the bricked sidewalk. When my eyes directed towards the night sky, a cluster of stars came into view.

There was a thick silence lingering around us, only the rhythmic sound of the soles of our shoes striking against the ground accompanied by our faint breathing and huffing could be heard.

My gaze shifted towards his face, his ocean-blue pupils gleamed beneath the night lamps, his jawline appeared beautifully prominent and so did the shadows of his long eye-lashes on his cheekbones.

I realized he never talked about himself. There were so many things I didn't know about him. I didn't know if he had cousins, what his parents' jobs were, what food dish he preferred the most or who his first kiss was. Heck, I didn't even know what his favorite color was!

"Logan?" I lowered my voice to whispers to avoid disturbing the tranquil aura "What's your favorite color?"

He turned his head towards me in astonishment with humor anointed on his countenance "Why the sudden question?"

"Just curious because you never told me" I shrugged, slightly teasing the skin of his palm with my fingers.

"You never asked"

"I did now, so what is it?"

He looked straight ahead, returning soft caresses on my fingers with his thumb. He thought for while after which he replied "Blue"

"What kind of blue?"

"Blue, like the early morning sky. Endless. Perpetual" he smiled down at me.

"And why is blue your favourite? Is it because your eyes have that colour?"

"Not really" he shrugged "My eyes have more of a greenish tinge than blue, a weird combination of both actually"

"Then whose eyes are they? Are they Breanna's?" I teased.

His head hung low and he laughed silently "Absolutely not!" he shook his head.