FOUR

"Why were you late to class anyway?" I questioned, walking around the corner as he followed.

I glanced over at him as he tapped his nose with his finger like magicians do when they can't tell their trick's secret.

"I hope it hasn't got to do with a hot and sweaty session with Miss Queen Bee," I mumbled, narrowing my eyes at him.

He crinkled up his nose in disgust right after I had made that comment, "Please even I have morals."

"Well that's surprisingly hard to believe," I murmured, but unfortunately he had heard me.

"Why? Is it because I enjoy my life unlike some?" He fired back, his tone laced with venom.

Oh here we go again.

"What the hell does that mean?" I glared, seething and shaking with anger. "I enjoy my life!"

He snorted, "So getting high grades to please your mummy and daddy is enjoyable?"

A nerve struck in me and I nearly tore his face off with my sharp nails. How dare he mention my mum and dad? He doesn't know anything about my life so he shouldn't be such a judgemental jerk about it.

I froze on the spot and gave him a menacing glower.

"You don't get to make comments about my life," I narrowed my eyes, burning with fury.

Mason stopped for a moment, but didn't turn around, "Who's to tell me what I should and shouldn't do?"

"Me."

"Who? Sorry I didn't hear you over that load of bullshit," he smirked and continued walking on, never glancing back once.

*
*
*
*

"Hello cousin? Are you there?" Mason called out, spinning back to me once he didn't get a reply.

"If she isn't there, then what the hell do we do now?" I ask, panicking inside.

I watched Mason closely as he scanned around the hall in worry. He seemed so anxious, like something bad was about to happen.

"I don't know, Craze," he sighed, lowering his head.

Sighing after him, I slid down the wall in agitation. I needed to get out of here. What if my dad had come right through the door and hoped to see me? The chances of seeing him again was slim, but I still had hope. I would always cling onto that little bit of hope that I had left.

"Mason?" A voice sounded through the hallway. "What are you still doing here? I thought by now you would have gotten out of detention."

A beautiful young lady, whose hair was like gold, strutted through the hallway. Her bouncy golden curls hopped along with her as she bounded passed the lockers and classrooms.

"Er yeah about that," he blushed, scratching the back of his red neck. "Someone locked us in."

His cousin's eyes widened in shock and then light contagious giggles began erupting from her.

Soon she sobered up because she had just started to realise it was in fact true.

"Wait? You were serious?" She bit her lip, staring at Mason with her delicate neat eyebrows furrowed. "Did they know you were here?"

Her concern for her cousin warmed my heart. Just to think that a few minutes ago, I had felt hatred towards that sweet girl.

"Obviously not so I thought you might be able to help us," he suggested, shrugging his broad shoulders.

His cousin grinned ecstatically and lead us the way to the staffroom door.

"Here you go you two," she smiled sweetly after opening the staffroom door.

"Thank you!" He pulled her into a hug and stroked her hair softly. He whispered something into her ear and she seemed to have nodded.

When he had pulled away from her, she turned to me with an infectious smile molded on her flawless face.

"Yes thank you...um," I thanked but trailed off afterwards because I didn't know her name.

"Oh please call me, Ana," she said cheerfully. "My parents call me Anastasia and that is too posh for my liking."

"Ok. Thank you Ana," I nodded.

"You're welcome both," she chuckled, leading us through the door and out to the front gates.

Thanking her once again, I left the two to catch up. On my way to my car, I noticed a letter on my car door. It was stuck down with sticky tape and the letter was typed not hand-written.

You were lucky this time, but I will get you no matter how long it takes.
No. No. No. It couldn't be them it just couldn't be. My father had gone to take care of them. Why would they be sending me messages? And worst of all, how did they find me?

Glancing around me in terror, I looked over at where Ana and Mason were. They were gone. I was all alone with just that one creepy message and maybe a dark shadow among me.

Quickly, I slid into my car and got into gear. Backing out of the car park, I drove home with an anxious feeling that never left my mind.

—————————————————————
Hello. I know this is very short but I don't really feel very inspirational today. Sorry :) Please feel free to leave a comment and don't forget to vote. I always appreciate your comments and votes. It makes me extremely happy that someone enjoyed my work.

I will see you soon my lovelies
Gem Gems