Chapter 18

It's hard to tell Ryker everything, but not for the reasons I previously believed. It isn't because I distrust him; it isn't because I hate him. It's because I feel something for him, and reliving those images and seeing his reaction brings a crushing weight down upon me.

I find it hard to begin speaking at first, but as I stare into his concerned eyes the words begin to tumble free. I describe the battle; I lay out the details of my brother's "attack" on me, which costs Ryker his life. When I would previously explain a vision to him Ryker would remain silent until I was done speaking, he would gather all details and then comment. This time, however, he asks questions and asks me to elaborate on certain things. It is evident that this vision is much more serious than the others I've had... because this one could save our lives.

"When will his army arrive? How many solders? How many are vampires, and how many are human pawns? Tell me their weapons, their tactics, tell me where it is that he harms you." Ryker's questions continue to flow, and I answer them with all the knowledge the vision has provided me. We try to plan, we try to think of a way we can overpower his army. But Corden has joined up with another Kingdom; his numbers are far greater than ours at the moment.

"The neighboring Kingdom's army will remain in their homeland until it is time for the battle. If we strike your brother before he has a chance to gather all of his forces we could easily defeat him. Even if he is able to send word to the other Kingdom, it will be far too late."

I know Ryker is correct, but I still feel unsettled. "We're going to attack my home?" I ask softly.

Ryker notices my distressed and concerned expression. Looking into his eyes and seeing his reassuring expression helps to settle my nerves slightly. "I promise you Amaya; we will do our best to spare as many innocent lives as we can."

"I hope that number is high," I respond trying to smile. "My brother's life is not included in that category."

"I will personally insure that your brother will not leave the battle with his life." Ryker stands up from where the two of us had been sitting. "Come on, we have much planning to do." He helps me stand and I follow him down the hall.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I follow alongside him.

"To meet with my generals and other high ranking people, we have plans to discuss." He says these words so naturally, and I suppose in past lives I was always by his side. Still, it does surprise me that he wants me to be a part of the planning session. It makes sense however; my visions would be a great help to his army.

"You want me there with you?" I ask looking up at him.

"I want you with me everywhere Amaya. You are strong, intelligent, and you hold the information that can help us win this war once and for all." I try to mask my deep blush as Ryker summons his people to the war room.

I have seen this room several times through my visions. I have seen the very faces of the people who are now entering sitting around this table planning. I relayed all of their plans to my brother, and now I am on their side. I will tell them all that my brother intends to do...

Then the thought occurs to me.

"My brother must have known I would have had a vision of what he plans to do," I say quietly to Ryker as the others get situated. "So doesn't that mean he is aware that we know what he plans to do?"

"I'm sure he's over confident that he can handle any attack we throw at him. He may know that we plan to attack his lands before his planned assault, but he is foolish enough to believe he can stop our plans."

Ryker doesn't seem too concerned over my realization so I let it slip away. I do fear that Ryker may be underestimating Corden, he should know by now not to take any threat too lightly.