29. Mistake

Chapter Twenty-Nine

I woke up the next day alone. I didn't know how long Kyle had stayed after I fell asleep. But he had left a scribbled note next to me on the pillow.

'I'm sorry princess. Don't feel guilty it's my fault. I'll give you time alone.

Kyle.'

My breathe hitched. He was blaming himself when we both knew I wanted that too. 

Maybe he didn't know. Maybe he actually felt guilty because he knew I liked Luke.

Maybe he didn't realise what I felt for him.

Kyle's P.O.V.

Leaving her house that morning was painful. I didn't want to leave Hannah alone especially not in that state when her parents were away. But I just thought that maybe she needed this time. To think through things. Clear her head.

I knew I made a mistake. I shouldn't have kissed her. Hell I shouldn't have even been so close to her. But it was so tempting. She just had that effect on me. She was irresistible. 

It was like she was a forbidden fruit. I knew I couldn't have her. And the more reasons I could think of for not being able to have her, the more I wanted her.

And it was driving me crazy.

Hannah's P.O.V.

Kyle hadn't come into school on Monday.  I didn't know whether there was a reason or whether he was just ditching to avoid me like I did the week before hand.

I had met up with Layna, Casey and Matt after school. 

We started off with Casey and Matt telling me and Layna that they 'decided to give it a go.'  Whatever the it was.

Matt knew more than my best friends did. Kyle had obviously told him straight away after he left.

"It happened again." I sighed.

"You kissed? When?" Layna asked.

"I might have gotten a bit drunk at the party and Kyle took me home. I fell asleep and then when I woke up he was still there. Err... and it just kind of happened." I told them.

"Was it a drunken kiss?" Casey asked.

"That's what he thinks." I sighed.

"What? Are you serious?" Matt exclaimed. "He doesn't know you wanted—"

"No Matt. And you're not going to tell him." I ordered.