34. Just Give Me a Chance

Chapter Thirty-Four

Before I knew it, half term was over and I was in school on a Friday morning for some important assembly or something.

I walked into the hall, and slumped myself in the seat next to my best friend.

"Don't you look happy this morning?" Casey laughed.

I glared at her. "It's 8 o'clock in the morning and I'm in school." She laughed again. "So are you, how can you be that happy?"

"Because today's mine and Matts one month anniversary." She grinned.

"Oh my god! A month already?" I asked.

She nodded eagerly. "I know it's not long, but I feel like we've been together for ages!"

I smiled. "That's cute. I'm happy for you guys. And jealous."

"Don't be. You'll find your man." Casey reassured.

I rolled my eyes knowing that wasn't going to happen, just as the deputy head walked on stage.

"Good morning everyone." Mrs Campbell greeted us.

"Good morning Mrs Campbell." We all groaned.

She clapped her hands together. "You must be wondering why I've called you in to school today," just get to the point woman. "Last night we got the horrible news that Mr Davies had to give up his position of being the head teacher. And so you are here so we can tell you how things will work from now on until we get a new head—" I completely zoned out as the deputy head carried on talking.

I scanned the hall, my eyes focusing on an individual. His hair was his usual sexy mess and he was wearing torn jeans and a button down shirt from what I could see. He joined everyone else's laughter as our deputy head must've said something amusing.

I watched the laugh settle down into a smile as it stayed there, plastered on his face. He seemed so happy. Totally carefree.

The complete opposite from me as I was still suffering from what had gone on between us at the party. The next morning I woke up and realised that I had been a bitch and I completely over reacted but for the next two days I hadn't had the guts to apologise to him. In my defence, I hadn't even seen him.

And yet, although he looked so happy, something wasn't right. I looked around him, he was sitting between Matt and Jason...

And that's when I realised, Jade.

She was missing from the whole image.

My eyes scanned the hall one more time, this time looking for her bleach blonde hair which stood out usually from the crowd. And just as I had expected, I spotted her sitting three rows behind Kyle, surrounded by her minions.