Chapter 65

"Let's do this," Thayer whispered, squeezing my hands gently as we both made our way at the back of the sanitarium I had been in almost six months ago

It started to rain, and the sky is pitch dark since it's also half past nine in the evening. Thayer and I stayed in the car to make plans first before getting here to save Mike. And also, inbetween that, we spent our time kissing.

We pass by a tall tree  beside the very back door of the sanitarium where we had run off from the sanitarium trying to run out Chris a few months ago.

How ironic is it that now, we're trying to enter a place we've tried so hard to exit out.

I step into a dried leaf and it makes a crunchings sound. I close my eyes waiting for any alarm or signs that we've been caught but fortunately enough, we're still safe.

And I hope Mike is too.

There's a hint of light peeking through the tiny slit of the back door when we reach it. Thayer and I look at each other and he then slowly open the door very carefully so it would be enough for us to pass inside. 

My heart is beating so fast against my chest I'm afraid it's going to jump out of it.

"Come here," Thayer directs holding my hand again as we make our way towards the dark hall of the sanitarium.

"Where do you think he could be?" I ask.

The hallway is pretty much hard to navigate through because of the darkness. I realize that this wasn't how a proper sanitarium should run. They shouldn't whip patients, and also their staffs. They shouldn't be working, planning to find escaped patients without the knowledge of the cops. Without permission from the law. They shouldn't be threatening anyone's lives in that matter.

I don't know much about laws, but I'm pretty sure they're violating its rights.

Thayer shrugs, pulling me closer as we try to make our way through the dark hallway. We turn towards theh left corner, and then straight ahead, another left and then a right. We're just passing through a dark lifeless hallway, with some open rooms but not much. I remember having been here. Back when we're still running away from Chris, the real psycho.

At the end of the hallway, on the left corner, there's a flight of stairs. Thayer and I look at each other, and then we make our way towards it. Maybe we're about to do some climbing.

But we don't know exactly where that leads to. Last time I checked, that wasn't there, or maybe I just didn't see it back then.

"You go first," Thayer instructed, "I'll be on the lookout."

I nod,and then started to go first with Thayer just trailing behind.

"We should've brought flashlights," I whisper.

Thayer nodded in response, "I agree. But I must admit, we weren't really prepared about this."

There's a squeak from around the corner, and both of our heads snap at its direction, but the place is all dark and quiet and we're the only ones in here.