The Move

"Ben! Where are you?"

"Right here!" I yelled as I came out from behind a pile of boxes.

"Have you got all your boxes off the truck?" My mom asked.

"Yeah."

"Good. All you have to do is worry about unpacking your room; I will do everything else."

I can't believe she said that. Maybe this move won't be so bad. "Um.. Thanks Mom. I can help if you need it though."

"Oh.... and you have to go to school tomorrow." She turned and walked back outside to the truck. I knew there would be a catch.

Damn! I was hoping I wouldn't have to go until next week. I don't want to go. I walked up the stairs and into my new room. It was bigger than my other one but not by a whole lot. Sighing I got to work on unpacking. You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to pack it up and then unpack it. I should have just thrown most of this junk out years ago. Sighing I walked over to the pile of boxes in the corner and started to unpack.

I opened up another box, starting to sort things out on the floor. Most of it was just stupid old papers and journals. Then I came across an old dream notebook I use to write in. Curiosity took over me and I flipped it to a random page. I had some wild dreams back in my youth. There was one about being an angel and fighting demons. And one where I had been forced into an arranged marriage. I read through most of the notebook before realizing that it was almost midnight.

Sighing, I looked at the pile of unopened boxes. "I will just finish them tomorrow after school I guess." I turned my light off and crawled into my bed. It didn't even have covers on it yet. That night I had the strangest dream that I have had in a while.

...

I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like me except I had a huge pair of wings. Why do I have wings? Looking around I noticed that I was floating in air. Nothing was around me except for the mirror. What's going on?

"Are you confused?" I turn and come face to face with a man. I could instantly tell he was not human. The guy had jet black teeth and shiny white eyes. Both features stood out against his light blue tinted skin. His teeth were like that of a lions and his eyes seemed to almost glow. He also had wings very similar to mine.

"Who are you?" I asked. Should I be running away right now? Even for a dream villain this guy is creepy.

He gave me a smile, showing me all of his teeth, "It's a shame you do not remember me. Although I guess it was a while ago."

"What are you talking about? What was long ago? Do I know you?" He started to fly away from me, "wait don't go!" I tried to flap my stupid wings but I couldn't go anywhere. I just watched as he faded away into the distance.

"Goodbye, my son." Was the last thing I heard before he completely vanished from sight. Then I was left alone again with nothing but the mirror.

...

I woke up in a cold sweat, bolting straight up, and panting. Checking the time on my phone I saw that it was only 3 am. What even was that dream? Maybe I shouldn't have read that old dream book.

Getting up I make my way to the kitchen and pour myself some cold water. This is a great way to start off my new life here. Sighing I finish my cup of water and head back to bed hoping I can get a few more hours of sleep before having to go to school.