Shiroi-Renji

How did this happen? How did I end up likening Ben? I heard Ben roll over in the bed. Go to sleep you dumbass. I have been listening to him toss and turn for the better part of an hour now. How am I supposed to go to sleep when he is in the next room? How did this happen? Why did one of his kind have to move here? I sighed as I remembered the first time I saw Ben.

It was an average day when we got the announcement that there was going to be a new student. Everyone was excited, even I was a little bit. I hoped that it was a cute girl who would go out with me. Even though I have known that I am gay, I still like to pretend I'm normal. When the door opened to reveal who the new person was, everyone stopped what they were doing. That was the first time I had saw Ben and I was discussed by him. What is one of that kind doing here? He didn't even notice me in all of his classes. Good.  I don't want to mix with him. That vermin. 

The day was finally almost over. I only had to make it through seventh period. Just when I began to think I was home free, I felt someone fall into me. Before I knew it I was on the ground and someone was on top of me. They got off of me and I rolled onto my back. Him? Why did I have to be touched by that thing?! He offered me a hand while saying something. I yelled that I didn't need his help and got myself up. Over the next month I slowly got use to him. It started out with me just insulting everything about him but somehow we became friends. Then somewhere down the line I started to like him.

Why do I like you? Why does it hurt when you try to reject me? Why doesn't he find me the most disgusting thing on the earth? He shouldn't even want to be in the same room as me. That's when it hit me. Does he even know what he is?  I pondered that question for a while before I fell asleep.

When I woke, I checked the time. 8:30 am. Damn it's early. I wonder if Ben is awake. I got off the couch and went into my room. I found him sprawled out in middle of my bed, hugging my pillow. I slowly backed out of the room and shut the door. Might as well make breakfast for when he wakes up. I began to rummage through my kitchen, looking for something to make. After about ten minutes I gave up.  Cereal it is. I poured myself a bowl and started the coffee pot. Two bowls of cereal later, Ben came out from my room. I looked at him and said, "Morning."

"Good morning." He looked at floor. Is he thinking about last night?

"Want some cereal? I have a couple different types."

"Sure. Can I have that kind?" He asked, pointing to a box.

"Yeah. I will get it for you."

"Thanks." I stood up and got him a bowl. I placed the cereal and milk in it, put a spoon in, and placed it in front of him.

"Want some coffee with that?"

"Yes please." He smiled at me and began eating. Please don't do that. You don't know how it hurts. I got him some coffee and dat back down in my seat.

Out of nowhere Ben asked,"Can I ask you a question?"

This is bad! What is he going to ask me? I felt my heart beat faster. "S-sure."

I saw him blush. "U-um... H-how do really feel about me?" His face turned bright red and he quickly looked away from me.

He obviously who I am or who he is. I can't let this continue, it would only hurt me more in the end. "Are you adopted?"

Confuseion swept onto face. "Yeah. Why?"

Well here I go. It was nice while it lasted. "I am about to explain something to you. It is going to sound crazy though."

"Um...okay?"

I took a deep breath and let it out. "I am a demon and you are an angel. Before you freak out or anything let me explain."

Surprisely he looked calm. "Ok. I will not interrupt you."

"I will start with how we were made I guess.

Well if a male demon or angel falls in love with a female human, they have they possibility to procreate. It has to be a male thought because the females of our species can't reproduce. I know what you're thinking. Why are there not a lot of us? It's because demons and angels can rarely ever leave their worlds. If they leave, they turn mortal and eventually die.

Well if they do procreate that child is only half human. They get powers from their father. You unlock these powers when you turn 18. When you get your powers you will also be able to see other demons and angels.

My dad taught me all this when I was younger, so I grew up knowing exactly who I was. I could tell what you were just from your smell. Plus I can see your wings.

I figured you were adopted because you seemed to not know about anything that is common knowledge."

He had been looking at me the whole time with a calm face,"I believe you, I think. What you are saying kind of explains a lot of stuff for me."

"Would you like me to continue explaining things?" Maybe this will not be as hard as I thought.

"Yes."

"Kay but we should move to the couch. These seats are uncomfortable."

He smiled at me,"sounds good to me." We got up and move onto the couch.

"Um... so what do you want me to explain to you?"

"How the contract works and you had said something about my wings. I wanna know what that is."

"Every angel has white feathered wings for flying. I also have wings although most demons don't have them. Mine are like yours but black. There are two types of wings for demons, black feathered wings or bat-like wings. Angels' wings are always white and feathered."

"Oh. So I have always had these wings on me? Why can't I see them?"

"Yes and my guess is that since your eyes were never opened to this world, you never were able to see or feel them."

"Oh. What about the contract?"

"That is one of my powers. I can make deals with people. Our contract is that you will do whatever I want but it doesn't have to be like that. I could make a contract with someone and it be that they will always give me a filler whenever they see me. As long as their hand is touching my heart and they say something, I can make it into a deal but I don't have to."

"Oh."

"Oh? Is that all you have to say? I just told you that you're an angel and I'm a demon who forced you to make a contract with me."

"I mean, it's definitely a lot to take in but I will get use to it."

Hearing those words infuriated me. Does he not understand what all this means? "Get use to it? Don't you realize? We are naturally moral enemies!!"

"I know that angels and demons hate each other."

"Then why are you acting all cool about this? You should be heading towards the door."

"Well, I just thought that it didn't matter. You said that you knew what I was and yet you became my friend. I shouldn't just leave. Why did you even become my friend if you were just going to expect me to leave?"

"I didn't want to be your friend at first but you grew on me." How am I ever going to tell him I started to like him? He is so thick headed! He was quiet for a minute as if he was processing every thing.

"Hmmm..."

"What?"

"I was just wondering why you made a contract with me."

I began to blush,"No reason in particular. I just wanted to mess with you and it worked." It was a lie but he didn't no that. The real reason was that I liked and wanted him but I was scared he didn't want me.