➳Chapter 29➳

GUYS GO AND NOMINATE ME ON THE 'TEEN FICTION SECTION' OF THE BOOK LITERARY AWARDS PLEASE! IT WOULD MEAN SO MUCH TO ME.

Recap:

Luke's grip tightened on me, "when I became the older brother to you I solemnly swore to protect you and make sure you were happy and that's my job as an older brother."

"You're only a few minutes older than me." I laughed softly, heart warmed by his words.

"I'm still older than you."

"Sure."

"I want to be there when you talk to him tomorrow."

"Okay." I agreed. He could be there for safety and it made me happy knowing I was blessed with a brother like him; so caring, loving and kind.

Bella's POV

I tossed and turned in my bed. I was finally home and not able to sleep as usual. I swung my legs over the bed and slipped into my bunny slippers.

I stood up far too quickly making me feel dizzy. I had been bed ridden for a few days as my parents would not let me leave the house in case something happened and now I was finally able to go school. Thank god, this house was getting awfully boring.

I trudged towards the balcony nearly tripping in the process. I blinked a few times, my eyes focusing on a piece of paper and pen scattered on my vanity table and the heaps of scrunched up paper on the floor in a pile. You must be asking what all of it is right? Well, I can answer by simple saying it was a letter.

A letter for Dylan.

Sure I could just send him a text but, I felt as if a letter would be better. Like how they did it along time ago.

The heaps of paper were there because over the past days I had tried to write a letter for him and nothing was right. Nothing. I had tried to rephrase every paragraph, sentence and word but, nothing would do. Every draft was shittier than the last and all I wanted to do was say sorry.

I grabbed the pad of paper and pen and walked out onto the balcony, grabbing the small flashlight along the way. I had deprived myself of sleep because everything had been stressing me out.

All I wanted was for Dylan to know this was my fault. I wanted him to know that he should move on and that I didn't deserve such a great guy like him because he had stood up and fought for me countless times yet, I still believed that he could make a bet like that.

I was truly disgusted and ashamed of myself. No one could be more disappointed at me thank myself because I was a terrible person and I was not proud of that.

I sighed, feeling the cool breeze brush over me as I sat on the chair and looked at the words, 'Dear Dylan,' was written and that was it. I tapped the pen on the pad of paper trying to think.

Dear Dylan,
I'm sorry. Sure, I might've said this to you before through Luke or something. I don't know but, I'm sorry. I did not mean for
any of this to happen and I know how
much this hurt you.

I regret you ever meeting me because all I
did was hurt you and you deserve anyone
that isn't me. You deserve better because
all you have done is fight for me countless times and I have done nothing but hurt
you.