Love

I had gone to lunch with Jonathan almost every Friday.

Jonathan and I had decided Friday was the perfect day since Joker was always out of the mansion.

It was another Friday and J was away on business as usual so I was heading out to go the lunch.

I began walking to the car when I heard someone yell my name.

"(Y/n)! Where do you think your going?" Jonny Frost asked walking towards me.

"I'm going out Frost." I said bitterly.

"Where?" He asked.

"That's none of your concern." I said and walked out ignoring him yelling at me.

-------

"I can't believe you did that!" I said between laughs.

"Me either!" Jonathan said also laughing.

I sighed as I felt my phone buzz.

I took it out and looked at the message from Joker.

Come home NOW!

"I-I have to go." I said standing up.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" Jonathan asked also standing.

"It's just Joker. Don't worry I'll be fine. I'll see ya next Friday." I said and ran out.

--------

I pulled up, hopped out of the car, and ran into the house.

There in front of me was Frost and a clearly angered Joker.

Well shit.

Joker got over to me in three strides and put his hand around my neck.

"Why did I see you hanging out with Crane again." Joker asked.

"B-Because I-I w-wanted t-to." I stuttered.

"BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO!" Joker roared.

I tried to pull his hands off my neck but he just shoved me against the door and tightening his grip.

"YOU ARE MINE! MINE! UNDERSTAND! IF I EVER SEE YOU WITH CRANE AGAIN I'LL KILL HIM...and I'll make you watch." Joker threatened.

"NO, PLEASE! I PROMISE I'LL BEHAVE!" I yelled as tears filled my eyes.

"I though so." He said smiling.

He let go of my throat and I fell to the floor, gasping for air.

Joker picked me up and put me over his shoulder.

I looked at Frost.

"Fuck you bastard." I mouthed giving him the middle finger.

--------

Joker carried me up to my room and put me down on my bed.

"What does he do that I don't? What does he have that I don't give you?" Joker asked sitting next to me on the bed.

I rolled over so that I wouldn't have to see how upset he was.

"I-I don't know okay!" I said.

"I just don't get it! I give you everything!" Joker said now standing.

I rolled back over and saw him pacing.

"Joker, you're crazy and hot and just perfect, but you have to learn that you can't keep me cooped up in here forever! I know you might want to, but the fact that you do makes me wanna leave even more! And you can't force people to do what you want. I know you don't think it, but you're a person. And you can't force another person to only do what you want. You have to let me be my own person!" I said.

He stopped pacing and stood for a moment and then left my room.

I sighed and rolled over.

Soon I fell asleep.

------

I was woken up by a knocking at my door.

"Who is it?" I asked sitting up.

"It's your fellow person, Joker."

I smiled a bit and rolled my eyes.

"Come in." I said.

Joker opened the door and beside him was Jonathan.

"Someone's here to see you." Joker said shoving Jonathan forward.

"Thanks." I said as Joker closed the door.

"Hey." Jonathan said walking over.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as he sat down next to me.

"I just wanted to ask you something." Jonathan said a bit nervously.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you love me?" He asked flat out.

"I...I mean yes..." I admitted.

Jonathan looked down at his hands and laughed a bit.

"Now a harder question... do you love Joker?" He asked no longer laughing.

"I-I don't know." I said.

"(Y/n)," Jonathan said looking at me "Don't lie to me."

"Yes." I said now looking down.

"I see." Jonathan said quietly.

I nodded.

I knew this moment was going to occur at some point I just hoped it would be later.

"I'm not trying to force anything upon you but Nigma said I should leave Gotham for a little while. You know, lay low since everyone is looking for me. But I told him I wouldn't leave if you wanted to be with me...so I need to know before tomorrow." Jonathan said quietly.

He stood up and left.

After he was gone Joker strolled in.

"Have I told you how much I love you lately?" Joker asked smiling.

"Joker were you listening to our conversation?" I growled.

"Maybe... but before you get mad I just wanted to say that I was thinking about what you said earlier and I apologize. It's just I've never felt an emotion that wasn't anger since I became the Joker and then you come along and mess everything up! You made me feel! You made me soft. At first I was mad but you were just too innocent and sweet! Then you ran away and I realized I loved you. It was awful! I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I couldn't think! So I had to get you back and now that I have you, you hate me." Joker said.

"Huuuuuh! Why do you have to make everything so hard!" I yelled at him.

"Sorry!" Joker said smiling.

He kissed me on the head softly and walked to the door.

"Oh and one more thing princess...you make me hard." Joker said and ran out of the room laughing.

"You're disgusting!" I yelled smirking.

"You know it baby." Joker said peaking his head in my door then running away again.

What a dick, but he was my dick.

I laid back down and thought of all the wonderful moments I had with both Jonathan and Joker.

"It's gonna be a long night." I whispered.