Ch.49: What are you, the vampire police?

Chapter 49:

Sara's POV:

"Anything to add, John? John?" Sherlock stares with confusion at the balloon with a drawn face that sits in John's chair.

"Uh, yeah, yeah, listening," John calls from the kitchen.

"What is that?" The sociopath questions.

John walks into the room,"That is... me. Well, it's a me substitute."

"Don't be so hard on yourself," Sherlock scoffs,"You know I value your little contributions."

John crosses his arms,"Yeah? It's been there since nine this morning."

"Has it? Where were you?"

"Helping Mrs H with her sudoku."

Sherlock frowns then looks at his arm rest where I am usually perched. "Where is Sara?"

I roll my eyes from my place next to the window.

"What about my girlfriend?" The almost forgotten client buts in.

Sherlock frowns at him,"What?"

"You said I had an ex..." The man murmurs.

Sherlock waves him off dismissively,"Never mind that. Where is Sara?"

"Behind you," I call out.

He turns with a surprised look on his face when he sees Tom sitting at the desk next to me. I roll my eyes,"You really need to use your senses more often."

"Why are you here?" he questions his brother.

Tom shows him the file we are going over,"Mycroft gave us a case."

Sherlock reads it then looks at me with a raised eyebrow,"Want some help?"

That is surprising. He never offers help. "We got it," I tell him,"You have the Thatcher case to work on."

He lets out a humph and turns back around in his chair.

I smile and shake my head. It is for the best, the case Tom and I are working on could be dangerous, though most of Sherlock's cases are too, but this one involves vampires and I don't want him around them.

People all over London have been reporting strange scars on their bodies, most are blaming it on aliens, but I know better. Blood bags have been reported missing from hospitals as well. Normally this is how a vampire should survive, by not killing humans. But when it becomes this much of a nuisance and people start talking... something needs to be done about it. Tom and I are going track down the vampires doing this and talk to them. Well, hopefully we can just talk and not end up having to kill anyone... but something tells me that likely won't happen.

"Sara, are you coming?" John asks.

I look up from my report,"Huh?"

He smiles,"We are off to meet some  hacker named Toby."

"Tom and I are going to investigate the vampire problem. If we finish early we may be able to help you and Sherlock." I stand and walk toward my room, pausing next to John for a moment,"Keep him out of trouble, please."

He cracks a smile,"I will try, but you know how he is."

I nod and walk away, mumbling,"Yes I do."

~

Our sources led us to an abandoned warehouse on the east side of London. Hopefully the vampires there will not want a fight and we can close this case quickly.