To Forget The Past: IV

"Follow me into the dark and I will lead you to the light. Formless, soundless, fearless, hearts keep holding on all through the night." I sang along, not really using my real singing voice as I didn't want to annoy the people around me.

The music faded off slowly as We The Kings finished and got off the stage right after Charles pulled out his camera and vlogged the crowd.

I turned towards Kane with a wide smile stretched across my face, "Did you like them?"

He nodded eagerly but still replied, "Yeah, they were pretty cool. Definitely, have to listen to some of their older albums." Nodding in agreement, we started walking back to the car. I wrapped my hands around Kane's arm lightly, not wanting to get lost in the huge crowd of people hustling to get back to their vehicles.

I recorded and took a lot of photos of the bands, to the point that my camera actually died near the end. I'm so glad that I did bring extra batteries.

The sun was setting, making the sky the Earth's canvas. Large streaks of purple, red, and dark pink dragged across it, being lit up by the bright orange sun disappearing from sight under the horizon. Wishing I could take a photo, I stopped and took a mental photo, hoping to hold onto this memory forever.

Kane stopped a few feet ahead of me and turned towards me, confusion crossed his face. "Hey, you coming?" I only nodded and continued walking in the direction of the Jeep.

~~~~~~

"So you'd fuck Rihanna over Selena Gomez?" I questioned as I slurped on a chocolate milkshake.

It was around eight, close to nine, and Kane and I were now at a diner in the small town. I used to come here when I was younger, usually when Aaron and I would come up to visit my grandma, especially after my grandpa passed when she was all alone.

"Excuse me, you're the one who'd kill Drake!" Kane threw his arms up expressing himself using all the space around him. The very few people who were at the diner at the time--mostly older people enjoying the quiet place with a loved one; too bad Kane was ruining that with his yelling--were staring at us with crazy expressions. I wouldn't be surprised if we got kicked out.

"It's Drake! Not Tyler Joseph; now that's a whole different story." Kane's green eyes held surprise as he leaned back in the booth. The large wall to my right--Kane's left--was made out of glass, causing a shiver to run down my back every time I glanced out of it. It was dark out, extremely dark, and I was never fond of not being able to see everything around me.

"I didn't take you as the type of girl to listen to Twenty One Pilots" Kane picked up a fry from the tray sitting in front of us and popped it into his mouth; without dipping it into ketchup up I should state.

I wrinkled my nose, "I don't get how you can eat fries without ketchup. And what do you mean by 'type of girl'? What 'type' am I?" I asked, grabbing a fry and dipping it into a pile of ketchup, bringing it to my mouth.

Kane chuckled, taking it from my hands right before the delicious fry could enter my mouth. "Hey!" I yelped, hoping to grab it back but Kane just simply threw it into his mouth.

"I can eat fries with ketchup, I just prefer none." I gave him a cold glare though he wasn't affected as he just laughed. "And I don't know, I just thought you'd listen to more pop music." I raised my eyebrows, slightly getting annoyed by him.

"Yeah... no, really? There's nothing wrong with pop music, but it's all the same. Drinking, girls, sex."

He raised his hands up defensively, "Okay, okay." I rolled my eyes, scoffing. "Come on, are you seriously mad?" I ignored him and slowly ate my fries, sipping on my shake after every few. He scoffed and sat back crossing his arms across his chest. "Really?" I looked up at him and looked him in the eyes.