To Forget The Past: XVI

"Where are guys goin' next?" Isaac asked, taking a loud gulp of hot chocolate. We were all sat in his kitchen, with breakfast sitting in front of us.

  "Um, I don't really know," I stated, cutting a piece out of my chocolate chip pancake.

  "I have an idea, but it's a few hours from here into the next town." I raised my eyebrows, swallowing the delicious food in my mouth.

  "Really, what's the idea?" I asked excitement filled my voice.

  "Guess you'll just have to wait and see," Kane said simply, smirking slightly at me from across the table. I glanced towards Isaac, who was wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I glared at him and kicked him under the table.

  "OW! What the hell!?" He yelled in pain.

  "Yeah, don't make suggestive comments around Everest. Trust me, I know." Isaac looked over at him, smirking. Kane's face lit aflame, noticing what he said.

  "Of course, you would know."

  "Ew, stop it." I said, wrinkling my nose as my cheeks flared up with embarrassment

  After breakfast, Kane, Isaac, and I were all standing by the front door, saying our goodbyes.

  "You won't forget about me, right?" Isaac pouted, looking up towards my taller figure.

  I only rolled my eyes, chuckling quietly, "We're literally coming back down here in a few days."

  "Okay, but I'm gonna miss your birthday." I mentally groaned, he just had to remember.

  "Wait, it's your birthd-"

  I cut off Kane, who perked up at the mention of my birthday. "It's not a big deal..." I dragged off, really not caring, I never liked my birthday.

  "Um, yes, it is. It's your eighteenth!" Isaac's eyes were wide, showing emphasis about the matter.

"How come I didn't kn-"

"Well, I don't want anything to happen on my birthday, okay?" I cut off Kane yet again, glancing at him, his face filled with annoyance.

"Excuse me," Kane said, dragging both of our attention to him. "I've been on your soccer team for three years, and you never said when your birthday was."

I tilted my head, "Yup," I stated, popping the p, "What's your point?"

"My point is, I have to do something for your eighteenth. And what about the sixteenth and seventeenth? I gotta do those too!" Kane exclaimed, waving his arms wildly while talking.

"Uh, no. No eighteenth or seventeenth, and definitely no sixteenth." Talking slowly, I hoped Kane would give up, understanding that I didn't even want to celebrate my birthday. But, of course, he didn't.

"Too late." He simply said, as he opened the door, and walked to the Jeep with his one backpack slung over his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, looking down at Isaac, his face back to pouting sadly at me. I sighed, "I'm not going to forget about you!" I laughed slightly, bringing his smaller figure into a hug.

  Pulling away I smiled at him, "Okay, I gotta go."

  "Have fun with Kane" He stepped back, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I slapped his shoulder, not even that hard, "OW! I barely did anyth-"

  I glared at him, "You know what you did..."

Isaac and I said goodbye one more time, along with going over that I would not forget him. I walked over to the Jeep with the backpacks I brought with me, Kane sitting in the driver's seat.