4

LMA – Chapter Four

Han Ting Hua jumped in front of Luo An Hai's car outside Luo's Hotel, and sat in her car.

'Han Ting Hua, are you crazy?' she asked. 'I'll kill you if you dented my car.'

He ignored her and buckled his seat belt.

She would have kicked him out of her car if she didn't worry about causing a scene in front of guests.

After suppressing her frustrations, she drove a block away from Luo's Hotel and parked her car on a side street.

'Get out,' she said.

He got out of her car, but he grabbed her car key before she could press the accelerator.

She was forced to get out of her car to retrieve her car key. Damnit, why couldn't he stay a short little boy?

He tossed her car key in the direction of Luo's Hotel.

'Han Ting Hua!' she said. 'Hurry up and go get my car key back.'

'Why?' he asked. 'Finding your car key is your business. Besides, I'm not free to go look for your car key.'

'Han Ting Hua-' she said.

'What?' he asked. 'Are you upset? What you said to uncle Luo upset him too. Today is uncle Luo's birthday. Even if you can't stand your father, at least be civil toward him in public.'

She admitted she hurt her father out of anger. But she didn't want to hear a lecture from Han Ting Hua.

'Have you said enough?' she asked. 'I don't need you to lecture me about my relationship with my father. If you love lecturing, why don't you lecture your own mother? All she knows is how to be a homewrecker.'

'Luo An Hai!' he said. 'In the past my mother hurt you. But you should respect your elder-'

'My elder?' she asked. 'Does she deserve my respect?'

'Fine,' he said. 'Continue your hate parade.'

She watched him walk away. When he was out of sight she put her guard down, and leaned against her car. Why was she so stubborn? Why couldn't she let go of her pride? It was tiring holding onto resentments. She didn't mean to hurt her father. Why was it hard for her to apologize to her father? She left to cool down, but didn't expect Han Ting Hua to chase after her.

It was hard for her to pretend Han Ting Hua didn't exist. Every time they were in the same place she couldn't resist lashing out at him, because he was Mai Fang's son. She wanted him to hate her and for him to find a woman to love. His interest in Angel was a good step, because in her first lifetime he never let women stand close to him. It didn't matter who he chose to love as long as he forgot her existence, because she didn't want to be haunted by the image of him holding her photo.

She walked over to the patch of grass where he tossed her car key. The street light didn't help her spot her car key. She had to crawl around the patch of grass to find her car key.

When Han Ting Hua returned to where Luo An Hai parked her car, he was surprised to see her crawling on the grass. He had expected her to hail a taxi home.

In his eyes Luo An Hai was the most beautiful woman in the world. It didn't hurt his eyes to see her firm bottom up close.

'Shit!' she cried out.

He didn't need x-ray vision to see that she didn't step on her car key.

She heard laughter and turned around to see Han Ting Hua laughing at her expense. His dog shit free hand dangled her car key in front of her.