7

LMA – Chapter Seven (part 1)

Luo An Hai felt like her vivid dream was real. She opened her heavy eyelids, someone was holding onto her waist on her bed. She looked down at her naked body. Sleeping nude was nothing new, it was a man's arm around her waist that was out of place. She couldn't see the man lying behind her back, but she could feel his naked body.

She jumped out of bed, and wrapped the bedsheet around her body. The naked man on the bed was Han Ting Hua. She licked her lips while checking out his chiselled body. The fingernail scratch marks on his back gave her a headache. What happened last night? She touched her lips, recalled his burning kisses and caresses. Shit. How was she going to get out of this mess? What happened after he drove her home? Why did her body have the scent of her body wash? Did he bathe her? She didn't believe he would take advantage of her when she was unconscious. But why were there kiss marks on her body? Why did he sleep naked in bed with her?

She had done everything to make him hate her. How did their hearts ended up like this? How deep would their hearts fall? How did the sequence of events happen out of her control? She couldn't say he took advantage of her last night, because she clearly remembered she egged him on.

Han Ting Hua heard someone mumble and opened his eyes. The bedsheet covered Luo An Hai's body, but he could see her red cheeks.

'Morning Miss Bashful,' he teased.

'Who are you calling Miss Bashful?' she asked.

She glanced at his morning glory and her throat dried up. 'Han Ting Hua, hurry up and put clothes on.'

'What clothes?' he asked.

She followed his gaze to the pile of clothes that stunk like vomit.

'Looks like your selective memory only includes what happened between us at the pub,' he said. 'I took you home. You vomited on me, and I kindly gave you a bath. I wanted to sleep in my bedroom, but you wouldn't let me leave your bed.'

He left out the part she called out his name in her sleep again. How could he leave her when she sounded sad calling his name? It was only in her sleep that she didn't mask her real feelings.

When she was awake, her sharp tongue always insulted him. Why did she always distance herself from him? Why couldn't he keep his eyes off her? Why did seeing her surrounded by men made him impatient? Why did she derail his years of planning to get her to see him as a man? He didn't want to give her another chance to distance herself from him.

She stepped back toward a window when he suddenly got out of bed and advanced toward her. She put her hand up between their lips, he twisted her wrist behind her back. Why couldn't he stay the same little boy who ran to Mai Fang whenever she used her martial arts moves on him? Their chests touched and he kissed her lips.

'Luo An Hai, last night you made the first move,' he said.

'What?' she denied.

'You were drunk last night,' he said. 'Other men wouldn't have just kindly given you a bath after you vomit on their clothes. In the future you should cut back on alcohol.' He let go of her wrist. 'I'm going back my bedroom.'

Kind? What kindness? There wasn't a spot on her body that he didn't kiss last night. She wanted to pull out his hair.

Outside her bedroom, he smiled after hearing frustrated sounds come out of her mouth.

Photos of Mark hobbling out of a bathroom was splattered on magazine covers.

Luo Cheng Hua summoned Luo An Hai home to talk about the incident with Mark.