Male!Merida X Reader

I smile as I wait in the wood for Meraud. I sigh hiking back to the time we met.

*****Time Back*****2 Years Ago*****

I looked to the two girl my age.

"You really thought we wanted to be friends with you?" They asked and grinned. "Why not go for a swim." I was confused before she shoved me into the icy cold stream behind me. I wasn't hurt or anything but I was freezing.

"Hey!" A man's voice yelled. I looked up and saw Meraud on his house. He jumped off and looked to the girls, who where staring at him smiling, drooling over him. He hurried over and kneeled down in the water. "Are you okay?" He asked. I blushed a little and nodded. He chuckled and offered me his hand. I took it and he helped me up. He guided me out the water and took off his dark green cape and placed it on my shoulders.

"Meraud." One of the girls swoon. He looked over to them and gave a stern look.

"I hate bullies." He said and they tensed and teared up before rushing off. He looked back down to me. "Would you mind me taking you home?" He asked. I nodded and he got back onto his horse and pulled me up, in front of him, his arms around me. I smiled and leaned back into him, slightly. One of his hands held the rails of the horse while the other held my around my waist. We trotted though the village, some people stopping and looking up at us. He stopped at my house and he slid off, helping me off.

"Thank you for helping me." I smile.

"Well maybe you can help me out some day." He smiled. He leaned closer and kissed my cheek. "I hope I see you soon." He smiled and rushed off, leaving me a blushing mess.

*****Present*****

"(Y/n)?" I look up to see Meraud. He looked upset. I slowly got up patting the dirt off my dress.

"Is everything okay?" I ask. He knelled down and hugged me. "Meraud, what happened?"

"My mother made me meet three girls and I have to marry one of them." He said and I felt my heart crack. "(Y/n)...I don't want to leave you." He mumbled into my hair. I held him tightly and my eyes filled. "But for now...it would be safer if we stayed apart." He said and let me go.

"So we're separating." I say, try to stay calm, but my voice cracked.

"(Y/n). Please don't cry." He begged cupping my face. "I don't want to be apart from you. This is killing me. But for now...While I sort everything out...yes." He said slowly. I felt my heart shatter. "Once this mess is sorted out-" I cut him off before backing away. "(Y/n)?"

"Just marry one of those princesses. Make your family happy. You'll be better without me anyway." I say and turn around and run off towards the village. I saw the king but ran past him, to my house and closed the door and cried.

*Meraud's POV*

"I just happened to see (Y/n), run by me crying." I heard my dad say when we sat down to eat. "You wouldn't know anything about that would you Meraud?"

"Why would I?" I say sadly.

"Well you and the girl have been close for over two years now." My dad said.

"I-It doesn't matter." I say pocking at my food.

"Did something happen?" My mother asked, not changing her posture.

"Yes." I say through my teeth. "This stupid marriage thing. That's what happened." I growl standing up, slamming my hands on the table "Because of all this the woman I love hates me." I snap.

"Meraud!" My mother yelled. "Sit down this instant. If your planning to rule this kingdom you will marry a princess."

"I don't want to rule." I say. "I just want to be with (Y/n). And because of all this and you. She doesn't want anything to do with me." I snap and walk out. I hurry out the building and towards the stables. I grab Hagus and went to the village, hurrying towards (Y/n)'s house. I nock on the door and it opened to see my beautiful (Y/n), red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks.

*(Y/n)'s POV*

I went to close the door but he stopped it with his foot and he opened the door.

"Meraud. Leave." I say not wanting to fight.

"No. I'm not leaving (Y/n)." He said and walked over, shutting the door behind him. "I want to ask you something you didn't let me ask you at the stream." I looked down, not wanting to look at the man I fell in love with. He came over and cupped my face, making me look at him. "Once this mess is sorted out, I want to marry you." He said and I felt my heart skip a beat. "So will you marry me?" He asked. At that moment there was a nock on the door, before it opened. There stud the queen. "Mum."

"Meraud. Is it true you love this girl?" She asked. He nodded looking at me.

"More than my own life." He smiled.

"And you. Do you love my son?" She asked walking over.

"More than anything else in my life." I smile and Meraud hugged me tightly.

"Then I guess I have a wedding to arrange." She said making you both look over to her. "I can't force you to marry someone if your heart already belongs to someone else." She said. SHe came over and took my hand. "Welcome to the family." She smiled. She looked around and smiled. "Well Meraud. I'll leave you in (Y/n)'s care." He nodded and the queen left. Meraud looked at me and smiled.

"You never answered." He said. I smiled and pulled him down kissing him with everything I had in me. I slowly pulled away and smiled up at him.

"What do you think." I smile and he picked me up, hugging me tightly.