The Banquet (Part One)

"UGGGHHH." I collapsed onto my bed in exhaustion. My mother and my maids have been playing dress up with me for the past 5 HOURS. Apparently, the only chance of me escaping those death trap shoes was by allowing my mother to doll me up. I do not wish to die before even attending school, so I was forced to go along with her plans. 

"ARRGGGGHH," I groaned again, and could not resist closing my eyes to take a short nap. 

I was shaken awake a few minutes, that felt like seconds, later. The sight that I woke up to will probably give me nightmares for the next few weeks. I saw my mother and her entourage of maids looking at me, their eyes sparkling, and with sweet smiles on their faces... while dragging along various contraptions that looked larger than my head. 

"Serena~ we're not done dressing you up~ we had just got started~ now be a good girl~" My mother chirped with a sing-song voice. Oh no. I stared in horror at some of the gaudy colors of makeup ranging from red to green, and the vast assortment of hair accessories that would surely break my neck. 

I immediately jumped up and rushed out of the room as fast as I could, but they somehow got a hold of me and dragged me back. 

"NOOOOOOOO!" I screamed. "I don't want to die! Help!" 

But.... I was left alone... to my doom.

4 Hours Later

Random Guest POV

I observed the higher nobility going about, mingling with each other in their fancy clothing. There was anyone and everyone of importance here today, for it was the Duke of Disenfald's daughter's 5th birthday. 

Today would be her first time being exposed to society, and everyone was curious as to what the mysterious child prodigy looked like.

There were rumors of her possessing a terrifying advanced aptitude towards alchemy magic, education higher than the court scholars, and beauty like an angel. Even though they were most likely greatly exaggerated, everyone was interested to see the person to whom which those rumors originated from. 

While some came out of pure curiosity, others had with bad intent, meaning to denounce the girl for the rumors and to humiliate her. I shook my head. A woman's jealousy is a terrifying thing.

The steward then announced the birthday girl's arrival but most just kept on chattering with their peers. Everyone would have a chance to meet and see her up close later in the evening. But suddenly, the sound inside of the ballroom seemed to disappear. Everyone took in a collective breath. 

Beautiful was not a word capable to describe her, for it was far too inferior.  Her blue hair, so light it could be mistaken for white, had streaks of brilliant silver that seemed to flow like a waterfall down her back with no need for adornments. Her skin was fair, and almost seemed to glow under the light giving her an unearthly halo. But what was the most stunning was her eyes, enhanced by no makeup, she had lashes so long they looked like butterfly wings and her pupils seemed to reflect the light and shimmered with shades of pink and purple. Although young, one day she will definitely be able to make kingdoms, no races, fall with her beauty  I thought.

The young girl gracefully curtsied, and it was far more fine then any of the court ladies that had learned for years. She moved to her seat and sat down beside her father whilst staring at her hands. Her aura seemed so brilliant that everyone could only stare mesmerized. It took a few minutes until we broke out of our daze. Everyone, disregarding status or grace, ran to front seats, longing for just another glimpse of the heavenly angel... Myself included.

Serena's dress, ignore everything else

BTW. 

The Serena from the game was gorgeous but no one ever got to appreciate it because she was always screaming and rampaging about. The in game Serena's personality was so rotten and her manners were so crude that no one truly appreciated her beauty. She also used to always cake on makeup and wear the gaudiest, most revealing dresses that just made her look LOUD.

The new Serena (protagonist) has elegant and calm manners and gives off a totally different aura thus making her even more brilliant. She likes simple and beautiful clothing the best and little to no make up, and is the opposite of the previous Serena.

Next chappie we meet the twinsies (eek!)