C-cute!

It has been 5 months since my birthday banquet, something that seems very fuzzy now. I have a very selective memory so I probably chose to forget it. The only thing that I remember was my conversation with the twins, abduction by the mysterious stranger, and my dance with Prince Jared.

Yes, I was forced to dance with that prince. Thankfully, I was quite confident in my dancing skills. The only time that I had messed up was when the twins came into the ballroom. I accidentally made eye contact with Asher who had winked at me and then whispered something to his brother. I tripped. D-don't remember me! I'm just a nobody!

While helping me steady myself, Prince Jared glanced at my feet and his jaw dropped open. "W-why are you wearing boots at a ball? That totally ruins the fairy princess look you have going there."

I answered with a careless shrug. "It was a matter of life and death."

"Of life and death?" he asked skeptically.

"Yes, it was," I then elaborated. "My mother tried to make me wear heels." I had a horrified look on my face.

He froze then burst into a fit of laughter.

"What?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"It's no~thing, I just want you to teach me how you got your parents to allow you to go to a ball in commoner shoes."

I nodded sagely. "It's quite hard, and since you are a boy it might not work as well. I had to go through quite a lot to just barely escape my certain death. "

He had a knowing look in his eyes. "Yes, it must have been quite hard on you."

Flashback End

I still don't get what was with that knowing look in his eyes... but, well, I may have mistaken it. Whatever.

And regarding magic, I had started to take lessons from magic tutors 3 days a week after my birthday. I can already create a low level health and mana (magic energy) restore magic. It was quite easy considering all of the medical and herbology books I have read in my boredom and free time. Apparently I was a once in a century genius or something.

That's the heroine's role not mine. Leave me alone. It's bothersome.

Oh, yeah, and apparently there has been engagement proposals flooding our doorstep after my birthday. I don't really get why. I mean, I know that Serena was pretty, it was fact acknowledged by gamers all over the world, but the in-game Serena was also just as pretty and this never happened. Thankfully, my idiotically doting parents (when it doesn't involve the dukedom or clothes) are good people and have not agreed to any.

Apparently, my father had been furious at the men and had said something about never allowing me outside of the house ever again. Thankfully, my mother calmed him down before he resorted going on a killing spree to protect his precious daughter. Ever since that day my parents have been whispering behind my back about matters I do not know.

I once eavesdropped and overheard them talking. "... assassination? No, killing their crown prince would start another interspecies war. How about planting some evidence and imprisonment? Maybe even execution? No wait... the royal court would probably be biased since he's a prince. Plus, there's all that security. I think blackmail is the way to go..." but I'll just pretend that I had never heard that. They are still my loving idiot parents~ La lala la la...

...

...

...

Let's get back to the point. There is an extremely urgent matter at hand. Callan, my stepbrother, according to the game plot is supposed to arrive sometime soon. I have to refresh my brain of my plan.

Avoid the prince and the twins and do not catch their attention. I did that pretty well last time... I think? Wishful thinking? Naaaah, of course not~

Make Callan lovey dovey with my family while staying a healthy distance away. I don't wanna get involved with the heroine and stuff after he attends magic school. I'd rather be a mob (stalker) character capable of watching my favorite otome game acted out... from the sidelines.

GOOD! Now, I AM READY TO FACE THE APOCOPLYPSE!

All of a sudden, Catherine (my maid) entered my room and I froze. Without missing a beat or even having to look, she slapped me off of my (standing) fist pump position on my bed. I plopped down with a soft thump.

Catherine sighed in exasperation. "Can't you ever act like a lady for once? You are called the Fairy of the Capital. If they saw you now..."

"Well, that's only because I'M SO BORED! I've read, like, all of the books in the library and I don't have anyone to play with!" I whined.

Catherine had an amused look on her face. "Well, then I guess that problem is solved now. Let me introduce you to your adopted brother Callan. Callan, this ... unique young girl is now your stepsister. Please... treat her nicely. We're counting on you."

Catherine took a step to the side and revealed a small, young boy with silky black hair and large golden eyes. He looked like the shy animal type, and I could almost imagine him with cat ears and a tail. There was only one word that could be used to describe him.

C-cute!

Super cute!

Please little Callan, don't go!

Your cuteness is waaay more superior than your in-game sexy hotness... just stay the same!