The Banquet (Part Two)

I have a headache. A booming headache. Who knew that a crowd of pompous, loud, and gaudily dressed nobles could make me feel like throwing up? I surely didn't.

I'm tired. My eyes are dry and I have to keep on blinking to make sure I don't fall asleep.

I need to go to the bathroom. Well, not really, that's just what I told my parents to escape the massive crowd of people. I don't know how I would even be able to go to the bathroom in this dress. Pants are so much more comfortable and convenient.

When I got permission, I immediately rushed out of the room, not even caring if I caused a scene, and heaved a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, my relief was short lived because,

"Yo, what are you doing here? Nobody is allowed to go wandering around the mansion without permission." A young boy's voice interrupted by calm.

"Huh?" I asked confused and surprised. I turned around. Then FROZE.

The boy's face was beautiful, with pale skin and high cheekbones accompanied by piercing blue eyes. His hair was a brilliant silver with a few strands falling over his left eye. TOTAL BISHIE. But that's not what made me freeze. I've seen this person before-

"Asher!" A voice yelled accompanied by footsteps. "What are you- Oh, hello. Wait... I believe I've seen you somewhere. You're the birthday girl right? I'm Aaron and this is my brother Asher." A boy identical to the other twin stopped and looked at me. Asher looked at me surprised.

"You were? I didn't kno-ow ow! ow! ow!" Aaron, the other twin, promptly turned around and pulled on Asher's ear and dragged him over.

"This is what you get for oh-so-obviously ignoring everything but the buffet table. Seriously, you need to learn some manners or how are we supposed to succeed father?" Asher chided.

"B-but you know that I'm not going to succeed father, you are so much better than me, everybody says so." Asher protested sounding slightly bitter.

While they continued to bicker I observed them quietly. It seems that Asher's inferiority complex has already started developing. It's such a shame, he has so much potential. Well, I guess that's what the heroine is for.

As I continued to watch the two I recalled one time when I was playing the game. When playing, I had noticed that Asher acted more like a mischievous child while Aaron was more like the mature older brother. Watching them in real life I started to wonder why no one else was able to discern one from the other. Their personalities and auras were entirely different, their postures different, the way their hair is styled is different whether they realize it or not, and their voices gave them away pretty easily too.

Asher had a relaxed posture and a slightly childish voice. His aura was already developing into one of a prankster and he had a mischievous sparkle in his eyes. His hair was also a little more wild than his brother's, kind of like a bed head, and his suit was rumpled with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

Aaron had a more erect and balanced posture from which you could tell that he was a rule follower. His voice was calm and rational, and seemed to be more mature than his brother's. His eyes also seemed to gleam intelligently with a thirst for knowledge. His clothes were impeccable, with not even a speck of dust to be seen, and his hair so perfectly straight that it gleamed softly in the light.

Even if the way they dressed was identical, they were easily discernible by their body language and how they spoke. It was so obvious, how had no one else noticed it before?

I started when I realized that they had stopped talking and were staring at me. "I'm sorry, can you say that again?"

Asher sighed in exasperation, "Don't go ahead and fall in love with us will you? It will be troublesome." I stared at him blankly then burst into laughter. Aaron also joined in. "Wh-what?" Asher asked with his face red. "It has happened before, and everything just gets so awkward." I tried to catch my breath.

"Trust me," I told him. "There is absolutely no chance that I will fall in love with you of all people." He is the prankster capture target, basically the nightmare of all villainesses that want to keep their hair.

"Wh-what!?" He asked outraged while his brother burst into another fit of laughter.

"Bwaha haha ha, you totally had that coming bro!" Aaron exclaimed hunched over from laughing. When he calmed down he looked at me and asked, "What about me? Would you prefer me over my brother?" For some reason I felt as though his words held a deeper meaning while his eyes reflected some sort of a challenge. I decided to answer truthfully,

"I would prefer neither of you."

"..."

"..."

"..."

I raised an eyebrow. Did I say something wrong? Just as I was about to add "no offense" they both burst into laughter.

"Haha haha ha.. oh my gosh I can't breathe..."

"Bwaha haha ha.. that's so rude..."

I stared at them who had gone hysterical. "You guys have gone crazy," I commented after watching them for a few minutes and promptly walked out of the door back into the ballroom. Rasing my Death Flag vs. Socializing with arrogant nobles, it's a pretty close call but I'd choose the option that allows me to live.

Meanwhile

The twins had finally stopped laughing and stared at the door with which Serena had left. "It's been a long time since I've laughed so hard," one of them commented.

"It's been the first time that you've ever been rejected," the other one replied snickering.

The first one stared at the door with a light smile on his face. "She treated us differently, didn't she? Than how those other nobles act."

The other one nodded, "I could swear she looked right at us. I've never had this feeling before."

The first one nodded, his eyes shining with approval. "She also treated us both as equals." He glanced at his brother. "Equals. That's what we are."

The other brother didn't answer. Finally, when he did he changed the subject. "She'd be an interesting friend wouldn't she?"

They both exchanged a glance. "We'd like to see her again."

the twins (ice blue eyes)