Kitten Through The Window (Finder Series)

The night smelled of dirt and trash as the moon shinned down on the pavement that Akihito sat on. His fur stood on end in preparation for a battle. The city he lived in rarely smelled good and never left one without scars. His fur was matted with mud and blood and he knew that by the end of the night his fur would be even worse. The alleyway where he was being corner into by three dogs was a bricked in dead end with sparse puddles that reflected the moon in its entirety. The dogs took another step toward the kitten, saliva dripping from their open mouths.

Fear laced through the young cat when one of the bigger dogs let loose a huge growl that seemed to shake his world. What Akihito did not realize was that his body was now trembling in fear of what could happen. Normally he could handle one dog and run till the stupid mutt gave up but with three after him and being trapped as a bonus he could almost taste death on the tip of his tongue.

Finally Akihito saw his chance, one of the dogs had shifted and left a slight gap in the line of snarling mutts. Seeing this, he jumped swiftly through the hole and shot off like a bullet. He did not have to turn to assume the black embodiments of evil were following. His claws clicked on the pavement as he flew through the night. Through the winding streets of his town, past houses and other dead ends. He knew the ins and outs of the town, he was born here after all, and he used this as his best weapon to escape death yet again.

After spotting a wired fence in front of him, he had to make a fast decision, up or down. He saw a very small hole in the bottom of the fence, probably made by another cat, and dashed for it. The breathes of the dogs were literally on Akihito's neck when he skidded under the barrier.

Metal scrapped across his back and he felt fur being ripped out violently by the fence above him. After slipping through he turned around on shaky legs to see the dogs could not fit through the tiny hole, in fact Akihito was luck to make it through with his head still attached.

One of the dogs started howling in anger that his pray had alluded him but the mongrels seemed to not be able to follow Akihito. The tiny kitten sat down softly, trying to stop the pain that laced through his back. He licked his paw and rubbed the wet appendage against the fur that now had blood lightly coating it.

After a moment the pain lessened some and Akihito opened the eyes he had not realized he had closed. When he did he finally realized that the ally was far too quiet. The three flea-bitten vermin had disappeared. This unnerved the young stray cat, where had they gone and would they return for him?

He turned and ran to a deserted street. Not a single car was in sight so Akihito made. Mad dash for the other side. Half way across he heard the baying of three hounds that were searching for his blood. Adrenaline coursed through his veins, allowing his legs to pump faster. Within moments two of the dogs seemed to appear on the opposing side of the empty street. Akihito was lucky to skid to stop before running headlong into the snarling mutts. They both barked and started to chase him again.

He turned tail and ran down the middle of the street with what felt like the hounds from hell following. He was quickly approaching an intersection of two streets, his current deserted one and a not so deserted on. Feet away from the newer street he saw a long car, or as the humans called it a limousine, start to drive past. They were driving fairly fast but the rear window was open so Akihito did something he probably should not have done. Without breaking stride the kitten jumped as high as he could and he just managed to soar through the rear open window. He landed with a soft flump on a rich leather seat next to a equally richly dressed man who appeared started to the small kittens appearance.

The man snapped something in his hand closed as he turned to stare at Akihito. The kitten now felt dirty and very insignificant in the presence of this man. He looked up and down at the human as he stared back. The man had kept dark hair and golden eyes that glimmered even in the dim moonlight that shone through the open window.