Kidnapped!

Nausea raged through Akihito's stomach as the briefcase came to an abrupt halt. Over the journey the case had been thrown, dragged, carried, and shuffled so many times that Akihito did not know which way was up anymore. There were loud noises, high pitched siren like noises and talking was almost constant.

Silence dominated the now stale air in the briefcase and Akihito had hardly any energy to shift among the papers. A click sounded in Akihito's ears as the case was finally opened. Long black hair fluttered above the kitten and he knew who had inadvertently kidnapped him.

The Chinese man from Asami's office sat down on a desk with the briefcase open in front of him. Akihito made a jump for his life but because he was still disoriented from the jostling earlier when he did his feet jumbled together and he crashed on his face. The human man stared at the little demon that had crashed on his desk.

Fear spiked through Akihito and he tried to run away again but with the same result. Finally the kitten settled with hissing at the man while rubbing his injured nose. The man called out in a language that Akihito did not understand.

For a moment the two stared into each others eyes and neither of them moved but suddenly a hand shot out from behind the small golden cat and threw him into a cage. The metal was cold against his fur as he landed on the floor of the cage.

The bars in front of Akihito were iron or steel of some sort and he doubted he could do anything to them but that did not stop him from trying. His teeth gnawed on the bitter metal as the Chinese man stared at the kitten in fascination. Akihito found no give in the bars and settled back on his haunches in thought.

The bars would not be broken by a small kitten, maybe a rabid dog but definitely not him, and the rest of the carrier was made of unforgiving steel planes. The whole thing looked like a small metal box with metal bars for the front, probably so one could view the occupant.

Akihito knew that escaping by himself would be impossible but the humans would at some point have to open the small cage. There was no food or water in the metal carrier and they would not think of starving the kitten, would they?

The human picked up the cage from where it was placed on his desk and moved it to the floor under the desk. He spoke to Akihito in a language that the kitten did not understand, sure he had heard it once or twice before on the streets but he could not understand it.

The cage now was almost completely dark, not that it bothered the kitten but Akihito could feel the cold from the bottom of the cage intensify and radiate through his paws and under his pelt. The bitter cold made him shiver and he layed down, in hope of keeping warm.

His tail and pelt did almost nothing to keep the metal of the cage from freezing him from the inside out. Akihito began to remember those nights on the street when he couldnt get warm either. Living with Asami must have made him too soft. The metal bit into his pelt slightly so he shifted to the side as he heard people coming in and out of the room.

That strange language was being spoken every few seconds but the conversation tone of the people made everything sound like Asami talking in his office.

Minutes turned into hours and his stomach growled loudly all the while. It felt like days since he had last eaten. The taste of food was a constant day dream that riddled his mind for those hours of imprisonment. Time slugged by with the rumbling of his stomach the only indicator of time.

Akihito lay on the floor of his prison, huddled in the smallest ball possible for maximum warmth,when the cage was grabbed and lifted from under the desk. The long haired human stared through the bars at Akihito and spoke in his language that the kitten was coming to hate more and more.