Hide and Seek

"The meeting with China will go along as planned, Asami-sama. Fei-Long will be here at 3:15 with the deed. Everything should go smoothly." Kirishima stated while pushing his glasses up.

The man behind the desk did not move a single inch as he listened to what his secretary was saying about his schedule for today. Akihito shuffled around and stopped listening to the two humans and their strange speech. The little kitten layed in a fluffy cat bed that Asami had gotten for his office. Small changes had occurred to accommodate Akihito and they numbered enough to annoy the prideful kitten.

The blue handkerchief that Akihito had found had been made into a collar like accessory that was worn at all times. The fabric had been stamped with Asami's family crest and a phone number printed on the back of it. The human told Akihito he did that so he could never escape, no matter where the kitten ran to, someone would always drag him back.

Next to his bed on the extended window sill sat a ball with a bell in it. Akihito tried his best to break the outside shell and get the little bell within but he had yet to succeed.

His favorite thing to play with was a pretty purple feather attached to a stick. The problem was that Asami had to play with him for it to be any fun so he now layed on his fluffy perch, attempting to take a nap.

The sun filtered through his pelt in the early afternoon air. Akihito knew of days like this on the street but they were few and far between. A day where you feared for nothing and could just lay down and nap the day away. Fear and happiness kept close company as a stray and few knew the difference between them. Pray and predator fought for what was theirs and even what was someone elses. Blood covered the victorious and the ones who lost had nothing left to call their own, not even their lives.

However now that Akihito lived with Asami he did not feel that fear of having his food, resting place, or his life stolen in the night. In fact Akihito feared very little and instead felt completely content to just laze around all day and play kitten games.

Akihito's pride demanded that he hunt for his pray so he ate little of what Asami put in front of him. The things he tried to feed the kitten at first disgusted him, it was dry and powdery. The kitten hated it so much that he continuously tipped the bowl over and peed on the food.

The morning after Asami was horribly angry at Akihito for making a mess in the human's kitchen. The next day however when he found it in a similar state despite the warning he finally got the idea that the food disgusted the young cat.

Asami then got the kitten wet food that tasted like fish that Akihito loved greatly. The only problem that the kitten now faced was hunting for his food. He kept very little pride fluttering behind him like a torn banner but he refused to give in.

The first time that Asami dished it out on the counter Akihito had a great idea. He hopped up on to the counter and pounced on the man's out stretched hand. He inflicted no pain but managed to snatch a small bit of food from Asami. He ran away with his edible prize and hid under the couch, now his favorite place to seek solitude.

A voice eminated from the kitchen, "Akihito," a deep laugh interseeded, then the voice continued, "Do not go biting the hand that feeds you now. There is no reason for you to steal food when I was about to give it to you."

The sound of a ceramic bowl being layed on the tile floor reached Akihito's ears but he had already came to the decision that he would not take food that he did not hunt for himself.

For a short time Asami noticed that the bowl remained full through out the day. Akihito refused to eat anything in the bowl but he did not seem against the food itself. This made the human quite confused and so he sought the answer as quickly as he could, because he did not like that his kitten was not eating.