1: New School, New Everything

A\N: Before reading this, please go follow my other Wattpad account, everrrx , to check out my most recent book! I would REALLY appreciate it :)

• • •

   The night my parents announced that we were moving, I had barely come from from a movie night with my friends. I recall that Friday night, when they called me to the living room as they both sat on the leather couch. Once I entered the living room, they explained that my dad had found a perfect job that offered more pay than the one here. However, this job was in a town named Lakeville.

   Saying goodbye to the town I grew up in was terribly heartbreaking. Every street, every neighbor and every individual is a memory of my past that is attached to me. Thankfully, as soon as I arrived to Lakeville, I fell in love with it. The town was located between mountains and had green hills everywhere that have life to its surroundings. The houses were beautifully decorated and colorful, the town was clean and peaceful, our house was excellent, but the only thing that frightened me was my new school: Lakeville High School.

   "You'll be fine," my mom said to me as she dropped me on front of my school.

   The building was two stories and white with light, brown pillars greeting in the main door. The front yard was filled with teenagers, laughing and whispering to one another. Some would look at me and nudge their friend's shoulder as if I wouldn't notice.

  I walked to the office which was next door once you walk in. The scent of sweat and lemon Clorox tingled my nose. The endless hallways were empty except for some students going to the restroom or skipping class.

   "Hello," I greeted the lady behind the desk that was focused on a laptop. "I am the new student."

   She looked above her glasses and asked, "Lucas Portman?"

   I nodded.

   "Here's your schedule and welcome to Lakeville High School. If you need anything or have questions please don't mind asking my staff— Oh! Holly!" The lady suddenly called to a girl with dark, short hair that passed by.

   "Yes?" she asked, taking her headphones out of her ears.

   "Please show Lucas his classes," she said.

   Holly took a deep breath and nodded, forcing a smile at her.

   "Here is Mr. Winston's class which is biology. . ." Holly instructed as she showed me my classes by pointing at random doors. "Here is the gym," she said, opening a double door that showed a smaller hallway with two rooms on both sides and a huge main door in the middle.

   We walked to the big door and Holly opened it. When Holly opened the door, the gym was revealed, spreading widely. Male students were running in black shorts and red male tank tops. "These are the athletic boys, which means this is athletics class," Holly said.

   A whistle blew loudly out of nowhere.

   A couch came out of nowhere and snapped, "Hey, you two! What are y'all doing here?"

   Holly looked at me unimpressed and said, "And that, my friend, is Coach Williams."

   The coach walked to us, his tight shorts revealing too much leg.

   "Mrs. Dorothy told me to show the new boy his classes," Holly said, glancing at him above her shoulder. As they continued arguing, I looked at the boys that were looking at us while panting from running too much. They were all in shape—props to the coach—and incredibly attractive. One with brown hair passed by me and winked.

   I felt the heat rising to my cheeks before someone grabbed my shoulder.

   "Let's go because this asshole never stops arguing," Holly said to me, pulling my arm.

   I was surprised by her sudden change of attitude, eyes wide. As we walked out, the coach shouted, "Twenty laps, Ms. Holly!"

   Holly did not bother to look back and shouted back raising her hand with the middle finger up, "I'm not even in your class, bitch!"

   Just like that, we walked out.

   Even after the doors closed behind us, I could hear the athletes laughing loudly and cheering Holly as we got farther from the gym.

*

First chapter!!! Also, I'm out of school which means more updates;)

Please LIKE and comment:)