part 29

Leah:

“What if your grandpa hates me?” I asked him for the fifth time today. He sighed as he looks at me who’s having a panic attack for almost 30 minutes right now. We reached the mansion and the car is already in front of it but I can’t get out of the car because of sudden nervousness attacks.

He smiled adoringly. “Again, he won’t.” I smiled half-heartedly at his comforting words. By looking at the size of the mansion, it didn’t help at all. Obviously I’m lack in all category compared to Ian. My anxiousness replaced by sadness by that realization, the mansion stands in glory while my self-esteem deflates even more. I felt warmness crept through my skin, I look at it to see Ian’s warm hands holding mine. I turn my eyes to him to see that he’s frowning and his eyes held a glint of sadness, he must’ve sense the sudden changes in my mood just now. “I don’t want you to be intimidated by all of this and I don’t like when you compare yourself. I like the woman who named me Teddy as she is right now, and I wouldn’t give up until she accept me to be her man rich or not,” he gripped my hand tighter in his to give me assurance in his words. I laughed a little at him, “you’re confessing again.” He smiled at me. “I confess every single day to you but it seems only now you get that.”

10 minutes later, I was sitting here in this large living room while waiting for Ian, he said he needs to see his grandpa at his office. As I waited for him to return, I can’t help myself to wander around this magnificent building. My curiosity is always higher than anything and as expected it leads me to a beautiful garden behind. I spotted it through a big window glass and the garden has flowers, many types of beautiful flowers and seeing it making me even more excited. I don’t know how I magically found it without getting lost. I wonder why this mansion is quiet, shouldn’t it have maids running around to clean? I only saw bodyguards outside at the front just now, did I mention the protection here is really tight? It is just like Ian’s place. My questions was answered when I walked out from a large door which is already wide open to see a lot of people, the men wearing black suit while the women wears French maid outfit, I think I saw a few butlers too. I’d never thought that I would see French maid in America, Ian really is rich and also classy. I peek from the door discreetly while watching all of the people working and doesn’t even realize my existence as they all busy arranging the tables and chairs, maybe this garden is tonight’s venue. So all the maids were here, no wonder inside is quiet and I noticed the amount bodyguards at the back are the same as the front. Suddenly, in my roaming view through the crowd I saw someone who seems familiar, isn’t that grandpa John? What is he doing here? I noticed that he’s talking to the maids and pointing to different directions, it seems like he’s ordering the maids.

“Grandpa John?” I didn’t realize the words that came out loudly from my mouth as I was too indulge in my confusing state to care which cause grandpa to stop in his tracks and look at me. It is him! I knew it! Now all curious eyes fall on me but I didn’t care much because right now I am too happy to know that someone I know were here and it’s grandpa John. He was befuddled right now, maybe he still can’t believe that I would meet him here. I walked towards him but immediately stopped by those big bodyguards, seriously? They all looked at me with hard stares, I always been brave in all my life but when buff guys holding gun stands in front of you, you could pee yourself just like me but I haven’t peed yet. “Move,” I heard grandpa’s voice and the bodyguards immediately stayed clear out of my sight. I took no time to run towards grandpa before hiding behind him, those bodyguards really scaring me and I’m utterly confused right now. “Grandpa, I’m scared,” I’m not joking when I said I’m scared especially by guns.

He turn around with confusion displayed on his face, “what are you doing here Leah?” I saw a brief nervousness in his features just now but quickly disappeared and changed into neutral. “I’m with Ian, I’m here to see Mr.Knight senior.” I stated. He nodded in understanding, I smiled happily because I’m excited to see him after a long time.