5 | henry

--

--

The jail was burning around you, every step you took seemed to plunge you deeper into a furnace that melted all the flesh off your body.

You stopped to wipe your damp forehead only to find that you were coated in sweat. You cursed but kept going forward, Henry was in here somewhere and you had to find him before it was too late.

"Henry!" The shout seemed lost as a wooden beam smashed from the ceiling in front of you and sent sparks flying in all directions. One caught hold of your clothes and you desperately tried to bat it out whilst swearing. It soon went out but you had wasted valuable time, "Henry where are you? You son of a gun!"

The heat was sweltering now and you ran to the nearest cellar door and shattered it; empty. You hobbled to the next one only to find the same result, the third empty one opposite only dampened your spirit even more.

You banged your fist against the bars with all the anger you could muster. It was hopeless, you wouldn't be able to find him in time.

You were ready to give up until your heard your name being called. It was a string of syllables from a boy that you could never forget, it was music to your ears.

This is what Henry looked like as he walked forward in his cell towards the fire that raged around you, "Are you crazy?" Henry shouted at you in half anger and half astonishment, "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm saving you, I thought that was the obvious bit Henry." You cracked a smile in relief despite the perilous situation and walked to wrap your hands around the bars that separated you. Both of your forehead lay against it each other.!

"I think that is the crazy bit." Henry retorted between deep breaths, even though the sight of you was the biggest relief in the world.

"I think heroic is more the word." You joked as you jammed the key into the lock and grabbed his hand.