28 | elizabeth

(Dead Man's Chest  AU)

You had joined the quest for the heart of Davy Jones as soon as you heard that Jack Sparrow was looking for a crew and your time had not disappointed.

"So it shows your heart's desire?" You asked Elizabeth as she held the compass in her hand on the beach.

"The direction yes," Will Turner commented looking over Elizabeth's shoulder with his shovel resting over his shoulders, "Helped me find her many a time, oh and Jack occasionally."

Jack Sparrow had been inspecting the dirt on the ground by prodding it with his very own turned up to your group, "If I am not your hearts desire then I think you need to start re-evaluating your life."

It was fascinating but the prospect of a compass knowing your hearts desire before you even do was rather frightening.

"Okay everybody spread out. The chest must be here somewhere." Will told you all and you started to walk a little bit in front of Elizabeth and to her right.

"So," You started as you began to walk backwards , "You really think that your hearts desire is the Dead Man's Chest? Surely there is-"

You should have looked where you were going because before you knew it you were on your backside in a hole on the beach.

Elizabeth stopped for a second, "You better be more careful, next time the landing might not be so soft."

You laughed and just stayed there for a second, "Next time I would appreciate somebody trying to catch me."

With only a small smile, Elizabeth went back to work this was her expression as she continued to follow the compass.

"Catch you?" Jack Sparrow offered a hand for you to get up, "I'm afraid I have deemed that the only role of Miss Swan over there

"Catch you?" Jack Sparrow offered a hand for you to get up, "I'm afraid I have deemed that the only role of Miss Swan over there. She is a very good navigator and even better in other areas of women."

You took his hand and you were on your feet within a moment. It was when you were brushing off the sand from your clothes that you realised it had gone silent. Elizabeth stood still.

"Have you found it?" William asked, coming from the other side of Elizabeth.

"No." Elizabeth murmured under her breath.

"Then what is it?" You asked.

"It's changed direction." Elizabeth moved with the new direction of the compass.

"Which way is it facing now?"

When you looked up Elizabeth Swan and her compass pointed straight to her new heart's desire; you.

You couldn't move for a second only flick your eyes from her to the compass.

Jack next to you decided to break the tension, "Well, isn't that convenient. But if you excuse me, my heart's desire is not William Turner so I think I will take back my compass thank you very much."

He could take the compass back but you would never dream of returning the new look that was on Elizabeth's face.