33 | will

Your piracy was not known to your parents, you had forged an agreement with your aunt that you were 'away with her in Europe' and your loving mother sent you letters approximately every month from the Caribbean stating "Hope your alive, stay safe." - you have never read any of them.

Yet after three long years - that really you could have turned into much more - you were facing a decision. Continue to go home. Your mother had requested your presence and you rather unwillingly decided it was time to visit.

When you invited William Turner to come with you, you half expected him to forget about the last year of you both being "together" and leave.

"Go back home?" He asked as you were both working on the sailing rigging, sitting on top of the masts.

"Yes," You tried for a smile and looked that strangely Will wasn't even looking at you, instead focusing on untying the knots on the rigging you sat on, "Just for a visit."

"And meet your parents?"

"Unfortunately yes, although I'm not particularly on good terms with them. But I owe them one dinner, they did raise me. But if you don't want to come just say, I'd rather you be honest then anything else."

He took a moment to answer and finally he looked at you and His face softened a fraction, "Would there be desert?"

"Of course."

He agrees with a kiss on your cheek. You would be landing back home in two weeks, you both seemed to be counting down the days but with very different attitudes.

--

You were walking to your parents house and you had this nagging thought at the back of your mind that would not leave.

"Will, what would you say we are?" The question he had been dreading, he stayed quiet for a moment, "My parents will ask," You added casually, "and they will expect you to answer. I'm just preparing you,"

Courting is the practise in 1700s Europe, nobody "dated", nothing was unofficial except it seemed in the pirate life. You had considered yourself "with" William for a long time now and both of you never discussed it any further as there had never been the need.

Will wasn't going to give you an answer you could tell and you were turning onto your own street. It was a strange feeling, "You look handsome today."

He smiled gently, "Are you saying I don't look handsome every day?"

You stopped in your steps and felt a wave of anxiousness come over you as your house was only moments away.

Will felt it in you, he gently put a hand on your face and moved it so you were looking directly at him.

"I know how much this means to you, I'm sorry, I'm just not used to this sort of thing," He then placed his hand over yours and gave them a gentle squeeze. "I'm sure this will go fine. I'll listen to all the advice you gave me and I'll answer properly and use the right cutlery with each course like you taught me." He smirked and a little part of you softened, he gently kissed you on the cheek before you both made your way towards your family home.

--

It was tense as you watched your desert bowls be taken away from the table.
Both of you had survived the pleasantries and general chat with your parents without too much going astray. You were sat next to Will with your parents opposite you, praying that the conversation would stay on which tea would be best after dinner.

Then your father loved onto his most favourite topic that he had been dying to address, "Of course, we wouldn't worry so much about the tea if it wasn't for those idiot pirates stealing from the East India Company and anything that moves across the sea."

You both stiffened, yet your mother added fuels to the flames glancing at both you and Will in the process, "I think they all should be hanged, from the captain to the cabin boys and their bastard wives at home pretending they don't know where there money comes from."

You  watched William's face fall at the words and then him stare at your mother again

You watched William's face fall at the words and then him stare at your mother again.

You placed your hand on top of his on his thigh but couldn't bring any comforting smile to him.

"A problem, William?" Your father asked taking a sip of his wine.

"I don't think piracy is a good evening topic father," You answered instead, "Its not a problem we have to think about in Europe."

"Europe." Your dad scoffed, "Of course. Obviously a lot of things have changed since we moved to the Caribbean," He looked you both up and down, "What right and wrong for a young lady and the morals of young men must be some of them. I don't approve. I've kept quiet all night but I will not allow this."

He gestured to you both.

William Turner made up his mind, he leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table, "Morals have changed sir, but the morals of a pirate have not. So I will take my bastard lover, your beautiful daughter, and I guarantee two things on my honour. That she will become my bastard wife and we will keep on stealing all the tea the East India Company ever ships to the Caribbean,"

He stood up and offered you his hand, you took it without a second thought,

"So think of your daughter and son-in-law with every cup you drink ma'am."

Both of you left the house without a second glance.

"Was that your idea of a proposal?" You asked as you ran down the street with more joy and freedom then you have ever felt.

"That was," He replied, "Thank you for saying yes Mrs Turner. Jack can marry us tonight."

You grinned, "And then we can steal tea in the morning?"

"That's my girl." He replied and you ran hand in hand all the way to the harbour, the Black Pearl sitting just beyond the horizon, waiting for you.

a/n
Longest one I've done in a while but this is dedicated to sunbeambby as they said they love Willl imagines, so please do request any character and all - I need some inspiration and want to make content that people really love to read as much as I love to write xoxo