Chapter 5

Libby groaned and threw her head back as the couple on TV practically ate each other's faces off. Dean shot her a dirty glare before training his eyes back on the TV.

"You're a celestial being that's been locked away for millenniums. How are you not entertained by this?" Dean questioned, never looking back at Libby. She rolled her green eyes at him, frowning slightly and cocking her head to the side as she watched the TV.

"I don't get it."

"Get what?"

"How people enjoy kissing. It looks uncomfortable and..." She squinted, studying the TV further. "Gross," she finished. Dean's expression turned flat and he shot her a glare. She held her arms up in surrender and looked back down at her book. Sam stepped out of the bathroom at that moment, noticing the TV before Libby and Dean. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you watching?" he questioned.

"Hospital show. Dr. Sexy, MD. I think it's based on a book," Dean replied. Sam scoffed, chuckling before walking past the TV towards his jacket. He tossed Libby her blazer.

"When did you hit menopause?" Dean rolled his eyes and got up.

"It's called channel surfing," he defended, turning off the TV. Libby got up from the bed and shrugged on her blazer, pulling her red hair out of the jacket and letting it fall over in waves. "You ready?"

"Are you?" Sam retorted, referring to the show that Dean had been watching. Libby let out a chuckle and shook her head, following the brothers out of the motel as Dean tossed his keys around in his hand. "So, Libby, what happened back at that gas station?" She waited for Sam to specify. They had been to a lot of gas stations. "When you forgot everything."

"Guess I just zoned out. I've been a bit out of it lately, you know with Lucifer abducting me and everything." The Hunters nodded and decided not to press her further.

"One more time, the FBI is here why, exactly?" an officer questioned.

"Might have something to do with one of your locals getting his head ripped off," Dean replied, quite sassily if I may add. A small argument had broken out between Libby and Dean in the Impala, resulting in both of them being in bad moods for the rest of that day.

"Bill Randolph died from a bear attack," the officer said. Libby rolled her eyes. She didn't understand how humans could be so stupid and clueless to the supernatural world.

"How sure are you that it was a bear?" she snapped. The officer shot her a glare, obviously not happy with her attitude. But Libby didn't care. She just wanted to work this case, solve it, and continue to track down Lucifer to kill or lock his ass up.

"What else would it be?"

"Well, whatever it was it chased Mr. Randolph through the woods, smashed through his front door followed him up the stairs, and killed him in his bedroom. Is that common, a bear doing all that?" Dean asked, tilting his head to the side slightly and narrowing his eyes at the officer. All three Hunters were starting to get fed up with the questions. They were FBI as far as the police knew. They shouldn't be interrogating them.

"Depends how pissed off it is, I guess. Look, the Randolphs live way up in high country. You got trout runs to make a grown man weep. And bears." Sam nodded.

"Right. Now, what about Mrs. Randolph? The file says she saw the whole thing." The officer nodded in confirmation.

"Yes, she did. My heart goes out to that poor woman." Dean nodded slowly, raising his eyebrows and exchanging glances with the angel standing next to him.