3 | New Beginnings

T H R E E

~If you could read my mind you'd be in tears.~

c a l e b

I watch the slowly sun rise up to all it's glory, spilling with its arrival a palette of soft peaches and pinks into the sky, radiating hope for romantics. A new beginning.

Another chance to start over. The beginning of a brand new day.

"You and your mother both need me and when you realize that you will come running back to me"

The same sentence repeats itself over again, my father's voice ringing in my head like an infuriating chime of bells, making me clutch the cool metal railing harder.

Watching the skin of my knuckles turn white, I can't help but grind my teeth in frustration. He knows exactly how to land the blow and where it would hurt the most. He knows where my weak spots lie.

I loathe that man.

After everything that he's done-be it cheating on his wife or embezzlement-the thought of calling him my father makes my mouth bitter with disgust.

Forcing myself to calm down, I close my eyes, inhaling deeply and relishing the tranquil atmosphere.

I seem to understand why mother had wanted to move back here, to this small yet thriving town, as her last wish. The Robin's song and rustling of branches as a breeze passes by are at such contrast with the complex jumble of music, traffic and human noise Paris had to offer.

Though I do miss the lively and energetic buzz that followed me through every street of the City of Lights, never failing to entrance me.

After all, I had grown up there, it would take some time to let go and adjust.

Either that or all the long legged blondes, uncountable martinis and my typical ways had kept me busy and entertained long enough.

Running a hand through my hair and consequently messing it up even more, I heave out a long sigh before finally deciding to get ready for the first day of my new life.

As of now my life seems anything but normal, with mom suffering from brain tumour it's hard for me to focus on anything else, let alone myself.

Her and Bloom are my top priorities-my only priorities. We were lucky enough to still be able to enjoy every lavish aspect of our lives as we did in Paris, despite having left my father and his fortune behind.

Money would never be an issue and for that, I couldn't be any more relieved. With that thought, I head back inside, away from the cool weather, to get ready for the day.

Following a quick shower, I clasp my chains in place before bending to tie the laces of my Doc Martens. One last look in the mirror and I'm taking the stairs two at a time, jacket in hand.

Bad boy.

"Mauvais garçon." They'd say with a flirtatious wink of the eye. The seductive bite of the lip.

The damned title was placed on my head as though it was a crown, as if I gave a rat's ass about what other people thought of me but what I didn't mind was the attention it bought.