I just wanted to let you know....

The bubbly girl Khushi was fascinated by the new silent boy in class. He sat alone, at a corner. She wondered how someone can stay that long, without talking. She went and sat next to him.
Khushi: "hi... I'm Khushi... What is your name?"
Boy: "I... I am... Nandkishore..."
He replied shyly.
Khushi: "That's a long name... Wait... I'll call you Nanhe.... Ok..."
He just nodded.

Arnav watched amused as Khushi defended her new friend from the school bullies. But he started getting irritated seeing her spending more and more time with him.

************************************

Arnav came back after his football practice to see Khushi busy playing video games with NK. He stood staring at her. But she was so busy in the game that she didn't notice him.
One of the maids handed him a glass of water.

Khushi was busy in the video game and had almost won. That's when a loud noise distracted her.
She turned around to see Arnav... And a glass shattered on the floor a few feet away.
She again looked at Arnav to see him glaring at Nanhe...
She could tell that he was angry....
And he stormed off from there.

Poor Nanhe... He was really scared. Khushi consoled him and went to Arnav's room. He was venting his frustration off on his punching bag.

Why did dad even buy him a punching bag... But Khushi it's a good thing... Otherwise no idea what he would do in his anger... She thought.

She got into the room, went to his bed and sat down, without uttering a word. Arnav saw her and after sometime went towards her.
Arnav: "what?!"
Khushi: "what, what?"
Arnav: "why r you sitting here?"
Khushi: "this is my best friend's room, his bed.... I will sit or sleep here.... That's none of your concern..."
Arnav: "actually it is... This is MY room... Not your Nanhe's..."
Khushi: "from where did he come in between?... Wait Arnav.... R u..."
Arnav: "I'm not jealous!"
Khushi: "ok... I was gonna ask whether you were ok... But i get it.... You r not jealous..."
Arnav: "Khushi..."
Khushi: "doll... It's doll Arnav.... And I'll always be.... Your my best friend... Nothing can change that... Ever... Whatever happens... Whoever comes in our life... You'll always be the most important person for me...."
She hugged him.
Arnav: "my doll is all grown up, ha?" He said reciprocating the hug. And she chuckled at the comment.

Khushi: "Arnav... Nanhe is really sweet... You should talk to him..."
His expression turned sore hearing N.K's name.
Arnav: "ya right..."
Khushi: "Arnav!!! I was just concentrating on the game... Did you really want me to loose..."
She knew what was troubling him.
Arnav: "just don't ignore me again like that..." He complained making her chuckle again.

Soon Arnav too became friends with him. And together the two changed the shy boy into a self confident one.

************************************

A 20yr old Arnav was trying to console 15yr old Khushi. N.K. was moving to Australia with his parents. She sent them off with a smiling face but has been moody since then.
He knew that he had to distract her.
Arnav: "Doll... You know... A famous mentalist is here in Delhi for a few months.... Dad had talked to him about training you.... You had wanted to learn it for so long, right..."

That did distract her a bit. But Arnav was worried. He was supposed to go to U.K for his graduation in a couple of months. Khushi was already missing her Nanhe. He was not sure how she will take it, if he too leaves.
He had to talk to their fathers. He wouldn't leave.

************************************

Khushi was walking through the corridor when she heard her parents. She didn't mean to eavesdrop, but hearing Arnav's name made her curious.
Garima: "I don't know how she's​ gonna take it.... But Arnav already wasted an year..."
Shashi: "He did learn a lot of things in this one year, in the office, dear...
But he do have to graduate...."
Garima: "there is just 2weeks time and he have to go to U.K. He better prepare his doll."
Shashi: "don't worry... He said that he will handle Khushi... Didn't he... He'll take care of it."