10. From Me To You

From Me to You

10

-

12 Days of Christmas

Poem

On the first day of Christmas my nurses gave to me a present for under the tree.

On the second day of Christmas my nurses gave to me two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

On the third day of Christmas my nurses gave to me three menu's, two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas my nurses gave to me four bits of toast, three menu's, two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas my nurses gave to me five vent flows, four bits of toast, three menu's, two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas my nurses gave to me six days to go, five vent flows, four bits of toast, three menu's, two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas my nurses gave to me seven checks of BP, six days to go, five vent flows, four bits of toast, three menu's, two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas my nurses gave to me eight scrummy meals, seven checks of BP, six days to go, five vent flows, four bits of toast, three menu's, two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas my nurses gave to me nine new towels, eight scrummy meals, seven checks of BP, six days to go, five vent flows, four bits of toast, three menu's, two funny jokes and a present under the tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas my nurses gave to me ten little needles, nine new towels, eight scrummy meals, seven checks of BP, six days to go, five vent flows, four bits of toast, three menu's, two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas my nurses gave to me eleven different blood tests, ten little needles, nine new towels, eight scrummy meals, seven checks of BP, six days to go, five vent flows, four bits of toast, three menu's, two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my nurses gave to me twelve different tablets, eleven different blood tests, ten little needles, nine new towels, eight scrummy meals, seven checks of BP, six days to go, five vent flows, four bits of toast, three menu's, two funny jokes and a present for under the tree.

-

It's Not About You

Poem

Dedicated to my illness

So much for privacy.

So much for being allowed to hurt.

So much for secrets and sincerity.

Its all so I feel like dirt.

If only I could runaway,

I want to runaway.

Can't hide the way I feel,

For being scrutinised in every way.

Can't be allowed silence to deal,

With the things I feel every day.

If only I could runaway,

I want to runaway.

Don't you see I can't be,

I can't be myself with you.

While all you do is push me,

To be someone who does what you want me to.

If only I could runaway,

I want to runaway.

I hate the way you try to make

Me feel like it's all about you.

It's nothing to do with you but you still take

All the importance and opportunity to be you.

If only I could runaway,

I want to runaway.

Why can't I just have some time

To come to terms with things?

But no, you want the answers but they're not mine.

I don't have anything to say to you about these things.

If only I could runaway,

I want to runaway.

I get it now, you're never wrong.

You need to understand.

But so do I and I can't until I get strong.

But you won't give me the space or a helping hand.

If only I could runaway,

I want to runaway.

I was the one who felt it all.

I was the one who cried and wanted to die.

You could never know how I tried only to fall;

To constantly be scrutinised and cry.

If only I could runaway,

I want to runaway.

All the pain I went through,

I survived it and now I'm left with confusion.

Confusion I need to work through,

But I can't do that with your intrusion.

If only I could runaway,

I want to runaway.

Why can't you leave me alone?

To sort it out, then I'll tell you

The answers that you need when I'm done.

But until then, it's not about you.

The End