Chapter 1

~ Skylar's Pov ~

I grabbed my backpack and I started walking to school. My parents are out of town again, like usual. I guess it's kinda rare If my parents are home with me. They're always traveling to different states and cities, but when they are home, I don't take it for granted. It's nice having them around. At least I have my older brother Blake with me, so I'm not completely alone at home. Well my parents adopted Blake when I was four, I love him as if he were my brother though. Blake could be over protective sometimes, but I know that just means he cares.
I finally arived to school La Vernia. I walked to my locker searching for my Algebra text book and took it out. As I started walking to my next class, I saw Luca, he stood there, right infront of me. The guy that makes my life hell. Luca and I used to date, but I broke up with him though, I caught him cheating on me with the school slut, Chole. She didn't know Luca and I were dating, well not that she would've cared anyway. Luca and I only lasted 2 weeks, should've known it was to good to be true. 
"Hey Beautiful" He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist, smirking. 
"Just go away" I said as I tried getting out of his grip.
Just at that moment, Austin came givin me butterflies in my stomach. I've had a crush on him for a while now, we're really close friends, since middle school. I wish we were more than friends. 
Austin glared at Luca "Leave her alone." he said and pushed Luca getting me out of his grip. 
"Are you alright?" He asked.
I nodded "Yeah, thanks" I smiled softly at him. 
"Anytime" He said flashing me a smile
We walked to Homeroom. Lindsey and Alex were there. Lindsey's my best friend, we met in 5th grade, she's Austin's sister. Not to mention the fact that she has a crush on Alex. Now Alex is Austin's best friend, Alex is like a brother to me. I took a seat next to Lindsey and Austin sat next to me. Alex was at the other side of Lindsey, and of corse, Robert is late again. Robert is a close friend. Mr.Ross was teaching, and a note came on my desk. I looked over at who threw it there. Zoey did. I looked at the note it said 'Hey, I saw what happened with Luca, are you okay?' I wrote back to her 'Yeah, I'm fine thanks (:' She read the note and smiled. I smiled back at her. Zoey's a nice person, but I don't think Lindsey doesn't like her though, she get's all serious when she's around. We're not exactly close to Zoey, but I guess you can say she's like an acquaintance. Before I knew it, it was lunch time. I grabbed my tray and I sat between Robert and Austin, and Alex and Lindsey sat infront of us. And then came, Jordana and Melanie. I hate them so much. They're part of Luca's little group. 
Melanie laughed "We saw what happened with Luca today.
Jordana just giggled.
"Just keep your eyes open, you'll never know what he'll do next" Melanie said with a smirk on her face, and they walked away. 
"What do you think they'll do to you this time?" Lindsey asked.
I shrugged and sighed "To be honest I don't even know anymore." 
I'm tired of putting up with Melanie, Luca and Jordana's crap, ever since I broke up with Luca, they've never stoppped bothering me. As I looked around the cafeteria, I saw Zoey sitting alone on the table. She looked up at me and I motioned my hand for her to sit with us. I felt bad seeing her eating alone.
"Zoey's going to sit with us" I said looking at Lindsey, and she rolled her eyes.
"Do you hate her?" I asked.
She nodded "Yeah"
"Why?" I asked again.
"I'll tell you later" she said as Zoey came to our table.
She sat down next to Alex and she smiled softly at us "Hey"
"Hey" We all replied except Lindsey who stayed quiet.
I noticed Zoey was flirting with Alex, maybe thats why Lindsey hates her. Austin put his arm around my shoulder. I looked up at him and smiled softly. He smiled back and Robert rolled his eyes. Lindsey kept glaing at Zoey, while Alex just sat there awkwardly between the two. 
I whispered to Austin "Maybe thats why Lindsey hates her"
He chuckled and nodded "I think so too"
Finally, Lunch was over. We threw our trays away and made our way to class, Robert catched up to me and smiled "Hey"
"Hey" I smiled.  
"Do you want to come over after school today?" He asked "Alex, Lindsey and Austin are coming too"
I nodded "Yeah sure"
Afterschool, we were all walking to Robert's house, well except Zoey of corse. Austin grabbed my hand and I felt myself blush. Every time he holds my hand, I get butterflies in my stomach, I just can't help it. 
"So.. Zoey's kind of annoying".Alex chuckled.
Which caused Lindsey to smile "Yeah she is" Lindsey said.
We kept walking and talking until we got to Robert's house.