through the ups down we rise

liked by aaliyahmende

liked by aaliyahmende.s, blakerossi, andrewgertler and 4,201,831 more.

shawnmendes The newest addition to our little family Xx (he's hypoallergenic so I can actually be around him)

blakerossi ily

view 1,284,920 more comments

Shawn had been so caring and attentive towards me in the following weeks after the miscarriage. Both of us were completely distraught, but we had each other to get through it. Shawn cancelled all of the events he had planned and Andrew didn't even protest it. His parents and Aaliyah came over to check on us every day to make sure we were doing okay.

When I sat down with Aaliyah and told her exactly how everything happened, we both left the room in tears. She was upset as well. She would have been an aunt.

Every night, I found it hard to sleep. I was completely heartbroken at the fact that I had a little human in me and I managed to lose it.

Dylan called me every day after he got off to check on me and make sure I was okay. He swore if he would have known things would have been different through training, but the truth is, if I would have known I wouldn't even taken the offer.

Somehow, it all lead back to me.

Shawn and I still somehow managed to be the topic of E! News and TMZ everyday even after a whole 2 weeks of not speaking out. We didn't want to speak out because of the damage it could cause to both of our careers. At least I didn't want to. Shawn told me everyday he wanted to tell people what happened, so that he could bring awareness to miscarriages and just how badly they affect people.

Like us.

"Blake Rossi still has yet to speak out about her set injury that took place in upstate Washington. The Victoria's Secret model was taking on her first role alongside Dylan O'Brien when she was seriously injured. Boyfriend, Shawn Mendes, left his event in Los Angeles as soon as word got out and neither have chosen to say anything. We just hope that the both of them are alright."

I wish it was just a set injury. It was so much more than that. So much more that not only affected me, but affected the love of my life.

"Blake, do you wanna say anything?" Shawn asked as we were sat on the couch.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Do you wanna tell people what really happened?" He rested his hand on my thigh.

I was laying on one end but my legs were across his lap, "I don't want people to judge us."