forward

liked by shawnmendes, ivyballasari, victoriassecret and 1,784,731 more

blakerossi dad's old ones

shawnmendes i love u💙

shawnmendes    photo creds?????

view 730,319 more comments

••important authors note at the end(:)••

Things were a little bit awkward to say the least between Shawn and I. After all, we hadn't seen each other in over two months and we were still trying to move past everything that happened.

Shawn was going out of his way to try and make the situation better. He woke up the next morning made breakfast, did the dishes, and even put away the towels and blankets that were left in the dryer over night.

I was emotionally exhausted from the previous night and I was kind of scared to get out of bed. I still didn't know how to look at him how I used to without picturing him over Hailey.

I wanted things to go back to normal for us and I wanted to continue my life on like we had never broken up, but it was only day one of his second chance and it felt like I was stuck in cement.

Shawn and I didn't even sleep in the same bed last night, but mostly because he insisted. He knew I needed space still and he was willing to give that to me. I appreciated all his effort and a part of me knew that he was serious about getting back together, but there was the bigger part of me that had issues trusting him.

I took a deep breath and dragged myself out of bed, walking downstairs. I couldn't help but smile when I saw Shawn in front of the stove, making breakfast. I knew he didn't like to cook that much, mostly because he loved it when I cooked dinner since half the time he wasn't that great of a cook.

"Good morning," I said. I didn't realize how gross my voice sounded until I actually spoke and then I also realized I probably shouldn't scream so much next time.

"Morning, babe." Shawn turned to face me a little bit a cute smile on his face before he turned his attention back to the stove.

I sat at the island and watched as he did his thing, "I would have made breakfast, you know."

"I know, but I wanted to make you breakfast. For you know, letting me stay and giving me a second chance." Shawn said as he turned back around, sliding the plate in front of me.

"I appreciate it," I smiled and looked down at the plate in front of me. It actually looked good which kind of surprised me.

"Did you sleep okay?" He asked, sitting across from me.

"Uh, Yeah. Little bit, how about you?" I replied.

Again, when I tell you it was awkward, I mean it was awkward. We had to get used to being around each other again.