prologue

'Life can rip you up

It can ignite you with fire,

It can burn you through,

Before your date of expire.

People are just like paper,

For all of us can be torn.

Sometimes we tear each other,

And never fully respawn.

No matter our formula,

Life can throw us away.

We get scrunched and wrinkled,

Far beyond our clouds of grey.

But sometimes there is someone.

Even if we're nearly deceased,

They pick us up and shelter wind,

Even if we're already creased.

They both shape and accept you,

Though it's odd that they still fold.

You think they'll just chuck you out,

But they still keep you in their hold.

They do pull you back and let you go,

And you think that's how it ends.

You start to question their antics;

Did they even want to be friends?

This has already happened before,

So you prepare a final 'goodbye'.

It's odd, for you don't actually fall.

And instead, you fly.

All this time you've thought wrong,

And gave yourself the blames.

But because of this wind, you can fly.

Just like paper planes.'

-georgia lee

The Second Task, Goblet of Fire.

Using the little of the strength he had left, Harry pushed Gabrielle Delacour and his best friend, Ron Weasley to the surface of the Black Lake.

It's over. Harry thought; It's over, and there's only one more task.

Using his wand, Harry thought quickly and Immobilized the remaining Grindylow that had been surrounding him. Just as he was about to resurface like the others had only moments ago, something caught his eye out of his peripheral vision.

Reacting quickly, Harry whirled around, squinting his eyes at the bright spot. At first, he feared it was yet another creature of the deep, but upon further inspection, his heart reduced to normal rate; It was only a girl in a white dress.

Only after he thought that, he remembered one vitally important thing; the Black Lake wasn't just a casual swimming pool. That girl was in trouble, as she was showing no signs of consciousness.

Even with the Gillyweed running out dangerously, Harry was determined to help this girl; he couldn't just let her die. Feeling a rush of adrenaline, he felt himself already swimming further down to help the girl. Her Dark Brown hair floated around her; her eyes closed and mouth agape, the white dress making it seem like she hadn't fallen in, but instead floated upwards from the bottom.

As he neared her, Harry soon felt his oddly webbed feet turn back to normal, as well as his hands. Not even ten seconds later did he feel the thing he most dreaded disappear; the gills letting him breathe underwater. Knowing he wouldn't last long without air, Harry kept pushing and, soon enough, reached the girl. Latching his arm around her waist securely, he had no hesitation in pointing his wand towards the surface, shouting the best he could, considering you can't exactly do that well underwater.

"ASCENDIO!"

He was propelled forward with the girl –Luckily her head had rolled onto his shoulder, as otherwise her neck could've been hurt due to the force.

Landing on the wooden deck, he spluttered water, desperate for air. Feeling the familiar sense of cold air rush through his lungs, he took long breaths before he then looked at his surroundings.

Now noticing he was shivering, Harry realised the closest people near him were a bustling Madame Pomphrey, Dumbledore, and Hermione, who had wrapped him in five towels in a time span of about 2 seconds.

"HARRY! Oh! –You did so well! I can't believe it! HARRY YOU DID IT!" Hermione squealed excitedly, hugging Harry tightly, who surely would've appreciated it a lot more any other time; but right now he couldn't comprehend much, as questions flooded his mind;

Who is that girl?

Is she alright?

Is she... dead?

Was I too late?

Why was she down there?

How did she get there?

Who is she?