ch. 5 - first day

'I've always liked tomorrows

'I've always liked tomorrows. You haven't made any mistakes yet in tomorrows'

–Atticus

||||

Adeline swore she almost forgot how to breathe. Her eyes were wide with her mouth agape as she looked around this beautiful common room; There were warm fireplaces with cushiony couches and arm chairs, all in red and gold with the odd portrait or two hung on the walls.

Harry grinned as he saw her amazed face, wondering if it would be any different if there were other students in there, which there weren't, considering it was around 6 in the morning; the grounds outside were still dark, however you could see that the sun was about to rise.

"Those stairs," Harry started, pointing to a set of stairs on the left, "Lead to the boys' dormitory's. If you need me, you might be able to find me in the fourth door down." Adeline nodded, not taking her eyes off of the cosy common room, though she was still listening.

"Those stairs," Harry began once again, but instead pointed to the set of stairs on the right, "Are the girls dormitories, but you're not staying in those ones."

Seeing as her head cocked to the side in confusion, her eyebrows furrowing, Harry continued;

"This one is..." He said, pointing to a door that was in between the two staircases, to which had only been created by Professor Dumbledore the day before. Harry led her over to the door; it was quite a charming, wooden door, which, surprisingly, had a few dints on it. Harry answered her unspoken question;

"Dumbledore made it yesterday; last night, a lot of the Gryffindor's noticed it and tried to kick it down... hence the dints; some of them are too curious for their own good, but it can only be opened by you and other professors, which is why they couldn't get in..."

As Adeline opened the door it revealed another beautiful, red and gold room; almost like a mini version of the common room, but with a four-poster bed which was pushed up against one of the walls.

"And other people can come in, but only if you want them to; it's a special enchantment that Dumbledore put up or something..." Harry said from the doorway, Adeline looking back at him;

"You can come in... I don't mind..." She said softly, Harry stepping in with a small smile.

"McGonagall said that your clothes and that are in that set of draws..." Harry pointed to a dark, wooden dresser;

"And your books are just there..." Harry motioned towards a table in which a few thick books lay. Adeline nodded and walked towards a large window which was on the very back wall, Harry following, standing next to her. After a moments silence of both staring in awe at the grounds below, Adeline spoke;