CHAPTER 49

Greys POV.

I leapt through the Forrest, over logs and through ferns my wolfs nose guiding me by a scent towards Elliot. I had an urge to protect something or no less some one. My wolf was nothing but a blaze of grey like a shadow of light flickering through the rustling leaves. I broke the tree line just as a boy not very old brought down his hand burying something deep inside the shoulder blade of a woman with curves like a goddess draped in what looked to be moving black tapestries.

I wasn't thinking when it happened my wolf was, he forced me to transform back into a human as we bolted across the field and smash her into the ground as she began walking over to another male always keeping her eyes on his, Elliott paused in the middle of snarling and running towards the young boy who I now know to be Ryan and stares at me like I'm nuts. With her body safely under me the tapestries begin to hiss but I pay no attention and they soon accept my help. I noticed her face and realised my wolf said one word before everything went red in pain and a lust for blood over took me.

"Mate."

And the bullets meant for her collided into my skin, my eyes irises and puples were glowing silver green rings and I let out a furosious growl making the hole Forrest go quite. Causing a deadly reaction to awake in side of me from some
one trying and succeding to harm her. The final straw was the blood that marked her delicate back and stomach from what I'm guessing a wound. I could feel something around me constrict my body in warmth and life full of warmth and it felt good but it was agitated and when I looked down at my own naked body I felt something invisable slightly tear from my skin only for my ears to hear from different parts of my body in fear of hurting her I placed her gently on the ground while my eyes never leaving her big round slightly terrified ones. The darkness under her coiled from some type of light and as I stood I couldn't believe what I saw.

Jessicas POV

I was hit by something that I didn't consider a threat from its rather pleasing and intoxicating presence. It cradled me as we hit the ground making sure I wasn't further hurt. And A low velvety DELISIOUSE growl came from what it appeared to be a naked body. It was grey he held me so tenderly even in this situation I didn't know what to do nor could I explain the amazing smell of honey and Spring coming from his skin. Until a word I never thought or even dreamed I'd hear again slipped purposely out of his soft masculine lips.

"MATE"

My heart beat stopped and I couldn't think properly the tendrils beneath me were too busy trying to help cover and mend the balde wound and had considered him to not be a threat even though my mind automatically said he was. I tried wiggling out from underneath him but stopped when bullets from around the trees came smashing down onto us or him To be exact he took them all sheltering me by using his body as a shield. A growl so menacing left his lips so fierce I froze unable to wipe the slight fear in my face from what he was about to do. That and the fact he had all of a sudden become as powerful in aura like me. Made me slightly sweat and it was then that I realised that I was slightly scarred of him.

The threat in his voice was as real and as dangerous as mine. His eyes scanned the trees and mine never left him. I just hoped that I could just get away from him. His head snapped down towards me frowning as he took in parts of my clearly stained skin from my own and others blood his jaw clenched and his teeth elongated potruding out of his mouth as he let out a strained breath through his lips. The air around me became intensely warm so full of life and happiness along with joy that it made me feel a wired type of happy one were you don't need to kill others to find joy but this type of feeling also had something sinister to it like to much heat to the point it was the type of heat that could scold you or make you suffer and slowly die. He laid me gently down on the ground that was covered in ash from my aura. And that's when it clicked this was his aura it was a good aura one filled with life not death like mine was. I never took my eyes off of him as the air intensified.