Chapter 6

~6 year time skip~

Lily Clairmount:

I've completely moved on from my previous life and have lived in the now. My daughter has become a rather precocious child and sweet as can be. Her blonde and pink hair is in two little pigtails that barely touch her shoulders. Since she hasn't begun to train in magic she wears regular dresses like all the other young children. 

Today was much like every other day we spent time together. Along the years I've still sold medicinal plants but that didn't mean I hadn't increased my magic capabilities. You'd think that someone who came from another world without magic would be scared of the strange sights or the prospect of magic. I was sort of a Magic Addict. 

Damon had, on numerous occasions, had to take care of Helena because I'd overworked my body too much. But I'd actually learned that I could, in fact, learn the other elements. I'd not told Damon about it though because every time he'd seen me exhausted from practicing his face twisted with worry. 

Right now, I was taking Helena with me to go to Mr. Cade's Medicinal shop to sell him my usual load. Helena was skipping next to me with her hand in mine while eating a sweet with her other. 

"Mm. Mommy, this tastes better than the last time!" Her excitement was rather infectious especially because of her pink eyes sparkling with happiness. 

"I added cinnamon this time," I smiled down at her as we crossed a bridge over the waterway. Many of the people who lived here knew the both of us and gave us smiles and greetings. I returned both but still paid attention to my daughter. 

"It's really good! I love mommy's snacks the best! Oh Oh! Can we go see Auntie Connie? She said she was going to make me a new dress."

I shook my head in exasperation. Connie had been a friend I'd made while still pregnant with Helena. She'd been more excited than me about Helena and spoiled her rotten. I've never overindulged my child. (The lady doth protest too much)

"Sure but only if you're on your best behavior. Plus, your daddy should be back soon."

It wasn't her real daddy. I know it's wrong to allow this sort of thing to continue but Helena had always called Damon daddy. With how her real father blatantly disregarded the both of us, I didn't have it in me to tell her the truth. Not right now at least. Plus, Damon seemed really happy that she called him that so it was a win-win situation. 

"Daddy? Yay! I've missed him," she pouted and had begun to walk calmly as opposed to the happy skips from previously. 

I gently smiled at her, "You know that he has a lot of stores to run. He had to go to one of the farther branches this time."

(I feel the MC is completely forgetting the fact that Damon literally can walk through his shadow to other locations.. MC you're dumb..)

"I know," she kicked an imaginary rock, "It's just that he's been really busy lately."

Helena was used to being showered with affection from the both of us so I wasn't surprised how attached she was to Damon. 

I simply carressed her head and gave a sigh. We'd reached the Medicinal Shop and stepped inside. 

"Miss Lily, the usual," a middle aged man came out from behind the counter giving a large smile. He reached for the basket under my left arm. 

"Yes, I've also put in a few different plants that I've recently decided to grow as well. They're all above 90% capacity."

His smile grew wider. It was very difficult for medicinal plants to reach above 80 percent and so I was a top commodity in regards to this. 

"I'll go grab the money and assess the plants for the added amount."

I simply gave him a nod and started looking over the medicine on the shelves while I waited. Helena trailed a bit behind me biting into another sweet she'd pulled from her tiny bag. 

As we waited, the front door opened and a boy about Helena's age came stumbling in with bruising on his ankles, wrists, and neck. Blood covered portions of his tiny body and I couldn't help but gasp at the sight. 

I'd instinctively reached out for him as he'd been about to fall to the ground. He landed in my arms and bright green eyes flashed up at me before shuddering closed. His face was dirty but you couldn't deny he was really cute underneath it. 

When I'd caught him, he'd flinched in pain and I'd realized how skinny he was underneath the baggy clothing. 

Helena began crying as she looked at the boy and Mr. Cade had walked out from the back room but stood standing with shocked eyes. 

I'm guessing that he was also confused on where this child came from. 

Judging from what I could see, I was almost positive this was one of the capture targets. If I was correct then it wouldn't matter if I brought him home to tend his wounds. Plus, this would give Helena a friend her age to play with. 

"Mr. Cade, I'm going to bring him home to tend his wounds. Can you please tell Connie that Helena and I will stop by in a couple of days?"

"Sure sure," he nodded his head vigorously, still in relative shock. 

I grabbed the money bag he held in his hand, put it away, picked up the boy and told Helena to follow me. It was the first time I hadn't comforted her while she cried and I felt extremely guilty about it but I was concerned about this boy's injuries. 

A/N: ... Uhh. I don't know what to name him. So there's that. heehee. x,x Eh~ you guys aren't mad about that time skip right? o.o