Chapter 54

A/N: So I'm unsure how long or how many chapters it might be but I'm going to be staying on Damon for a bit. Especially since he has all sorts of scheming that he's up to. Lily at this moment is mostly just training and still recovering from the Magic backlash. Sure she seems alright but that doesn't mean that it hadn't harmed her severely. I've noticed in most books where the MC has a magic backlash they seem to bounce back relatively quickly. I feel that it is highly unlikely for someone to be so physically harmed that they cough up blood, to be healed so fast. So, Lily is basically 'cultivating' and repairing the damage done to her veins and Star Source during Damon's jaunts. 

Damon:

I would use the Shadowport, newly dubbed by myself, to take me to Nest Rose to meet the repugnant male who knocked up my Lily. Today I had decided to dress sharp. Taki had suggested I add a bit of coal to my lower lids to add to the 'Fushigina' in me. 

A/N: Fushigina is Japanese for Mysterious if you're wondering. But for my book I'm going to use different languages for different lands. I'm thinking I'll use Japanese for the Demon language since most Demons have fair skin and pitch black hair. Hopefully none of my Japanese readers are offended to have their language linked to the Demons in this book. I find both Japanese looks and their language beautiful and to me Demons have unearthly beauty. So that is why I'm linking the two just to clarify. :) And if any of my Readers have suggestions for the other lands 'languages' feel free to give input. Just know that I won't be writing full chapters in those languages but maybe occasionally use a word for association purposes. 

My orange eyes seemed to darken to a more red color because of the coal lining. Taki had also decided that since I had begun to grow my hair out, it would be more intimidating to have him style it.

 A couple months back Lily had remarked on how much she enjoyed braiding and playing with Nathaniel's hair so with a bit of my magic I was able to increase my hair growth. It was now about mid back and with the different variations of orange, red, and gold in it, whenever I moved and left it down it resembled flames; especially when the sun hit it while the wind blew through the strands. 

This is how I picture Taki doing Damon's hair but imagine it looking like flames instead of the dirty blonde

This is how I picture Taki doing Damon's hair but imagine it looking like flames instead of the dirty blonde. (This image doesn't belong to but I really like the way his hair is styled so I'm using it.)

I was also forced to wear a semi expensive and more formal attire, which I'd argued with Taki about until I finally gave in. The belly band was a black flexible material called Metalite that was nearly as strong as diamonds but as flexible as linen until it touches skin. Once the material touches the skin of a Star User it'll absorb the Magic and harden until removed by the same magic. 

Honestly, it mattered not to me but Taki seemed to deem it necessary. I'd never understood why someone chose to wear something that is supposed to protect the User but have it only cover the internal organs within the lower torso. That left my heart completely open and thus redundant, yes? Well, whatever the reason it would seem I have no say in the matter. 

He'd paired the Metalite belly band off with a material less expensive than Metalite Chainmail that the 10 + Star User Families use to show off their status. It wouldn't be a social gaff to where these pants as opposed to if I stuck with the Metalite cousin of it. This material was a bit weaker and called Silverite and I found the only thing displeasing, aside from the chaffing any Chainmail would cause, was the bright silver sheen to it. 

When Taki had first brought them out I had wanted to refuse but since he had found them in my closet I couldn't very well use 'That is the most atrocious article of clothing I've ever seen' as the reasoning. I'd already agreed to 'dress up' and since those were the only pair 'dressy' enough, I was in a dilemma. Grudgingly, I slipped the Silverite pants on and suffered through my fate. 

Through the pants you could see some of my Markings but since they were dark in color it was difficult to make out exactly what they were. My full sleeve was prominent, showcasing my Fire element and the one on the side of my torso and ending near my nipple was slightly visible due to the belly band covering the lower half of it. 

"Do I look alright? Can I go and finally see the utter defeat on Helena's Father's face? I'm in a rather excitable mood and would rather be on with it," I gave Taki a glare as if daring him to tell me that I still had more work to be done. If I wasn't me, I'd have been rather intimidated with myself. 

"Master, you look very intimidating. I'm sure that the Seed Giver will be thoroughly frightened or at least wary in trying to bribe you with scare tactics."

I laughed. It was just very amusing to try and picture someone trying to scare me into agreeing to a proposal; especially with a man I loathed to the very bones. 

Lily was off in her Garden and absorbing Nature in order to heal her internal injuries. A Doctor that I hired for house visits had mentioned that Magic deviation such as this would usually take a year or two to fully heal. Considering the fact that Nature was a God Level Element though, he'd remarked that it was perhaps possible that the healing may be halved. Only time would tell though and I was still angered by the thought that she was so injured that it would take months to years in order for her to be one hundred percent healthy. 

====================================================

My teeth gritted as I sat down across from the man known as Rhynon Khyra. Why you may ask? Numerous reasons but the one currently is those pink eyes so very like his daughters. I'd always known that her eyes had to have been inherited from her sperm donor. There was a reason I wanted to gouge them out. 

"Mr. Khyra," I drawled as I sat down in front of him across the table. We were currently in a restaurant that was known for its stellar privacy magics secluding each booth. Many business transactions took place here. 

He didn't flinch at my scrutiny nor my looks but there was a very identifiable tightening near his eyes; as if he were fighting his body's reaction to petrify. I had allowed my killing intent to slightly leak out and sort of float around us. Not enough to be debilitating but enough to let the man know I wasn't going to be walked all over and if he tried to.. well lets just say the consequences would be dire.

A/N: I was going to wait until tomorrow to release this but I'm having a good day so I decided to share the goodness. :)