One; Night Run

I dragged my feet down to the kitchen where i could already smell mom cooking up pancakes for breakfast. The pack house kitchen was now swarming with mothers. Mothers are given the job to care for the domestic affairs and stuff, so don't be surprised.

Instead of going into the kitchen, I went to join my brothers and other teen wolves like us down in the hall where they were playing Call of Duty. "Can I pl-" before i could complete my sentence, all the boys shouted in unison, "No."

"Please?", i tried my luck.

"Dude, you are so good, you end up killing all of us in the game the moment you get it. And we want a fair game, instead of one that your opponent is too over-powered." Jake said to me. Jake is the only son of my father's Beta. He's been our bestfriend for as long as i can remember. He's two years older than me and already has a mate. His mate is Zoey, a girl whom he probably met in school. She's the head cheerleader and from what i hear, is really popular in school.

I have no idea what high school is like,sadly. Although my brothers all go to school, i don't. I don't want to risk my life, so the best way to hide it was to have me home-schooled. My dad's descision to make, i had no say in it, but i knew it was for the better.

"C'mon, let's go get some pancakes,yeah?" Akira slung his arm around me and led me to the dining hall. "Hey little sis, how's life?" he whispered in my ear in a voice that was hardly even audible.

"Aki, you are the same age as me, so how can i be little when i came out of the womb first?" i give him a blank expression and he began chuckling. Yes, unfortuanely, Akira and i are twins.

"Artemis, can you give me a hand in the kitchen? Please?" my mom called from the kitchen where she was doing plating. Her duty was to serve the food and plate it.

"Yes mom, coming." i nodded and went straight into the kitchen and began helping her out.

~

"Akira." I heard some girl moan from Akira's room. sadly, my room is directly next to his, and nearly every night, I can hear he and some 'one night stand' doing the deed. it's totally disgusting. i've been hiding in my room, watching the whole season of Young Justice and Justice league the whole day. I'm a sucker for DC things and I just felt like reminiscing good old times. I even shared the same name with a super hero from Young Justice.

"Artemis!" Osborn said as he yanked the earpiece out of my ear.

"What? Has anyone told you of something called knocking?" I snap at him.

"Yes, you have but it certainly did not work this time. I knocked the door 16 times and guess what? no answer. this bloody thing is too loud!" He shook the earpieces in his hands to draw my attention to them.

"Hehehe?"

"Artemis, be serious. We have to go down now. Dad wants us to go down for a meeting."

"Important or not?"

"If it weren't important, would dad waste his time and send me up here, looking for a deaf girl?"

"Hey! shut up. I was trying to drown the whole world out okay?"i put my hands on my hips and glare at him.

"Hey!" he mimics me in a high-pitched,girly kind of tone. I roll my eyes and the smile that I've been trying to hide creeps onto my face and begin grinning.

"Okay, c'mon Artemis, we gotta go." we had no worries of anyone hearing my name because the bedroom I was put in is soundproof. it was my dad's old office, therefore it's soundproof. My gender to my pack has always been a boy. Only my immediate family knows about this. no one else does. and no one else will.