Two; that intoxicating smell

✖️Chapter Two ✖️
Artemis POV

I woke up only with a vague memory of what happened last night. it was amazing. well, he was amazing. I've never seen such a beautiful wolf in my life before. I trudged out of bed to my bathroom to wash up before going downstairs.

The day progressed slowly, my brothers left the house either to hang out with friends or go for a run, therefore, the house is almost dead silent. Mom was out on a grocery trip and dad was visiting a friend. I was home alone. I wasn't going to stay home alone on a day like this, it isn't because i'm scared, it was just because the day was progressing too slowly.

~

2 hours later

I walk out of the library with my book in hand. None of my brothers were free, so I had to walk here. I borrowed a book I love, Divergent. i've re-read the series 5 times and still haven't got sick of it, it's more of a comfort kind of thing. I stroll to a café across the street and take a seat there. The waitress sauntered over to me and took my order. She kept batting her eyelashes at me, being the kind of girl who's looking for nothing but her own quiet time, i ignored her flirtatious actions and got the order over and done with and brushed her off. She was shocked by the way i acted, but i couldn't care less. Girls did that to my brothers and I most times, to them it was a compliment but me, being a girl, was insulting, but i had to deal with it.

I adjust my beanie before plugging ear pieces into my ears and start reading. My caramel macchiatio arrived, hot and the aroma of chocolate-coffee filled my nose. I took a big whiff of it, satisfying my really bad craving for it. I took a sip, it was heaven. This cafe had one of the best coffees in town, everyone knew this was where you should get great coffees from.

Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix began playing in my ears. I tapped my foot along with the beat, the cafe bell chimed, signalling a new customer. Then it hit me, a smoky, wood and minty smell. I've smelt it before. But where?

i racked my brains but couldn't come up with an answer. I didn't dare turn my head fully, instead i peeked at him. A boy with sunglasses had a blonde girl giggling flirtatiously clinging to his arm. A smirk on his face, he whispered something to the girl and that made her giggle even harder. Just then, as if he smelt something in the air, his head snapped up, searching the cafe, his eyes landed on me. With a raised eyebrow and his smirk dissappearing, he wasn't scowling, it was as like how people would look at something they'd be trying to figure out. He brushed the blonde off him after staring at me for a couple more minutes. I played as if i weren't looking and didn't sense anything odd, instead i carried on as if he didn't exist.

He slowly made his way to me, the confused expression still plastered on his face, but he was stopped half way by the leggy blonde who handed him his coffee and dragged him out. His eyes never leaving me. I looked up and met his gaze as he walked out of the cafe, the expression on his face never changing. I looked at him with a blank expression. Once he left, the intoxicating smell dissappeared and i was left to think about who he was exactly.

His brown hair spilled out of the cap he was wearing onto his forehead, his nose was sharp and features chiseled. His lip ring was ever to prominent and his body was covered in freckles. I pulled my leather jacket tighter around my torso. I texted Roux to pick me up in five minutes, yes, he was my personal chauffeur.

I was still racking my brains for an answer as to who he was. "Hey, Duffus, get in the car already would you?" Nigel shouted. I was so deep in thought, that i hadn't realised Roux,Nigel,Ozborn and Akira pull up just a few feet away from me. I sighed inwardly and made my way to the car. They all seemed happy and popping around, me on the other hand, acted like i was half dead. I shook my head at their immaturity. Tsk, boys nowadays.