Chapter 4

Chris' Pov

As the crown prince, I've grown up being taught how to be a great king. Everyday of my life was colored in gray. There are also plenty of people who wish I was dead, so I have to constantly be on guard. It's exhausting really but it's my duty and my will. It's because of the scum who exists and incompetent people like the king, my father, that my mother died.

One day I was called by the king, "Father I heard you needed me?" "Yes, there will be a new student at your school" What could make this student so special? "May I ask who this person is?" "She's called Lily Lovell, I want you to get along with her, we could strengthen our bloodline if you marry her. She has the element of Light." Hasn't this element long been lost to time? "Are you sure father?" "Certainly, she has been tested. Remember my words." "Yes father" "You may leave" Exiting the room, I still didn't quite believe in her abilities. 

The day after, she should've arrived at her room, I come to greet her but upon knocking on the door, no reply came from inside. Did she leave her room already? Giving up I left and went towards the rose garden to tell Leo to get along with. Walking I saw a girl ahead of me going in the same direction. She seemed to know the place pretty well and showed no hesitation on which way to go. 

Arriving at the garden she stood in place then her appearance changed, not physically but it felt like it. She expression changed to a worried and nervous look while mumbling every once in a while. "Oh no, what do I do?" Despite what she kept repeating over and over, she stood in same place for quite a long time waiting for something or someone. Ah, she's putting on a show.

After 10 minutes did Leo show up, her eyes shined at the sight of him before it was quickly replaced by a facade of nervousness. Her target's Leo? That's disappointing, I thought it was going to be more interesting but it's just another fool who's head is filled with princess fantasies. Thinking that I left the place and went to grab a book before heading to my favorite spot. I'm not interested in watching Leo get chased by a brainless girl, what fun is that?Surprisingly she's already by my spot when I got there and she's on a tree branch too. Ah, it's the stupid girl.

"Hello there!" she shouted loudly different from her meek appearance earlier. "Who are you?" I questioned her "I'm Lily!" she spoke annoyingly loud, so she's the one with light element affinity? "What about you? What's your name?" Why does she keep yelling? "Who are you to ask for my name?" I spoke in a colder tone to this ignorant girl. "Hmm..I know! I'll be your friend! So can I ask for your name now?" the more she speaks the more disgusted I get. It seems she's just another girl lusting after princes. Not wanting to further involve myself with her I hastily left. Leo appears to like her, he can be the one to marry her. 

The next day, during lunch time while heading to the student council room, I spotted a person standing by the gate, he's probably lost. Normally I would just walk past but something about him attracted me. Going closer towards him, he had a white mask on his face with simple designs. Even with his face covered he still gave off a cute, defenseless feeling, he also had a small build, his height only reaching my nose bridge. He emitted a calming feeling when close.

After talking to him, apparently he's not a student but the brother of that Lily girl, it amazes me how someone like that could be the sibling of this person. I could only speak to him for a short moment before spotting Lily head towards us. Not wanting to deal with her, I told him I was busy and excused myself.

These few weeks, I've been talking to Rey, he's really cute especially when he's all flustered. It makes me want to hide him away forever in a cage. At this point I don't really care how he looks under his mask anymore, I only want him to be mine. 

On a rainy day, I rushed to the gate, he's probably waiting there for his sister. With her personality she won't go out in this weather. Exiting the school I see him waiting patiently by the gate. Damn! Dragging him I tried to get him inside the school but he's pretty stubborn and didn't want to leave the place. Flicking his forehead again, he covered his forehead with his hands and pouted at me. Aah, he's really too adorable. 

Suddenly a large gust of wind came by and blew off the scarf and hat he's wearing. Astonishment appeared on my face, how he looked didn't matter to me but I didn't expect him to be so beautiful. White skin, pink lips and big blue orbs that shone like the night sky. Looking at his soft lips, I could barely hold in the urge to grab him and kiss him. 

His face slowly turned red from my staring, my dear, please don't tempt me any further or I might do something bad to you right here. Flustered he rushed towards the school but tripped instead landing in my arms. His face became even redder. It's such a tempting sight. Are you sure you're not doing this on purpose? 

Panicking he pushed me away, cutely shouting "L-let go" seeing him like this I couldn't help teasing him by inviting him to my room. Wanting to escape he stuffed my arms with the bento and ran away like a little bunny. Left alone, I went back inside and secretly sent a servant to give the lunch to Lily. I can't have anyone starting rumors of me giving her gifts. Thinking back to Rey's adorable expressions a smile crept up onto my face but sadly he didn't come back to the school for a while, I can't wait to capture him and make him mine forever. 

-------------------------------------------

(A/N)

Hey people! So I just want to clarify this a bit, Rey doesn't know that Chris is a prince or capture target yet because he didn't play the game. He only knows that the capture targets are going to be princes and other high nobility. So far he only thinks that Chris is a noble, maybe a higher class one but the thought of Chris being a capture target doesn't appear in his head. Which is why he's befriending him since Rey thinks that being friends with a 'mob' noble won't affect the original story much. 

Also I really want to write a chapter about how Rey feels during the time he's sick and the emotions he's going through. I want to have him be confused, a little bit scared and maybe frustrated at how he feels about Chris. Along with him trying to deny any feelings of love towards Chris because before being reincarnated and all, Rey was a straight guy so he obliviously can't just easily accept everything happening. 

But I'm stilling debating wheather I should do that or not because although it'll make the story better I'm not sure if I'll be able to fully express his emotions. Anyway just a little something I wanted to tell you guys.

Thanks for reading!