Chapter Twenty- Nine

Feng Huang released her cheeks and stepped back.

"For the next few weeks be careful of the company you go to."

Da Fan looked into his eyes and seeing his serious expression knew something was up.

"What's wrong?"

Feng Huang smiled a tired smile, he looked downright exhausted. Was he getting enough rest? Da Fan pulled Feng Huang to her bed and had him sat down. She started to take off his outer robe.

"Da Fan!" He warned seizing both her hands.

"Relax, I'm not ready for that yet. When I'm ready, believe me you'll know."

Feng Huang didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He released her hands and allowed her to undress him.

"Meirin?" Da Fan called out. Meirin appeared and took into account Da Fan and Feng Huang's state.

"Have a bath drawn and dinner brought into the room."

Meirin hid a smile, "Yes Mistress."

Da Fan sat on the bed watching Feng Huang bathe. She'd requested the bath tub be placed in her room but was not ready for the overstimulation.

Feng Huang made it his point of duty to show as much skin as possible. He showed off his broad shoulders, long legs, his tight buttocks and his jutted sex. The times Da Fan would blush red was his favourite.

Feng Huang, now dressed caught Da Fan up on what's happening in the capital.

"The Emperor has appointed me in charge of the investigation."

Da Fan frowned, "That's a dangerous position to be in. Have you started as yet?"

Feng Huang shook his head. "I spent the entire afternoon familiarizing myself with current information. That's why I want you to be careful. I know the social season is starting, suspects might use this as an opportunity to seize my weakness."

"I agree, but I think I should help."

"Da Fan, no!" Feng Huang couldn't bear to put her in any danger.

"Not with the investigation, I'll ask Father if he has any information. Is that alright?"

Feng Huang nodded, he knows Da Fan's father is the head of the Emperor's intelligence bureau. That puts his heart at ease... or not.

"I'll help with the wives. You might not know but if any officials are involved and pocketing money through this, the wives are notorious for spending extravagantly. I'll look out for any Chawanian products during social season.

Feng Huang just sighed and Da Fan knew she had won.

_____________________

"Father, you have to help me."

General Cong walked into his house to see all three of his children there. The both married Cong Shu Lan and Cong Wei Yang and his son Cong Lu Zhang.

General Cong was beginning to feel irritable. Were his daughters not married? Continuously coming back to their parents home, are they not afraid of rumors.

"Shu-er, Wei-er, what are you doing here? Aren't you two married women?"

Both ladies pouted, they didn't think they have done anything wrong.

The General sighed and sat don in front of the three. You could see the age on him. All he wanted was to let the Cong household prosper but his children weren't making it easy on him.

"What's wrong now? Are your husbands not treating you well that you have to come home so often."

General Cong was dissatisfied with both his daughters and his son.

"Cong Wei Yang was the first to complain, "Husband doesn't even come to my room. He's so busy with that witch that ever since she lost a child he looked at me as he wanted to kill me. Even more that woman call me barren. Who does she think she is?"

General Cong frowned as he listened to Cong Wei Yang rant. He's heard so much about Da Fan but hasn't met her. Even her family name was not one he's familiar with.

"I want her dead!"

"Calm down little sister. I'm sure we can get rid of her. Last time Feng Huang told everyone she was sick to avoid rumors from spreading. I'm sure we can do this same this time." Cong Shu lan didn't see Da Fan as a threat.

"I'm take care of it." General Cong said. "Meanwhile I want you both two watch your husbands."

He doesn't trust Feng Huang especially now that he has the Emperor's favor.

"Why?" Cong Shu Lan asked.

The General just shook his head, "You don't need to know, just watch them and report anything suspicious."

Cong Lu Zhang was the only one quiet and the General paid him now mind.

As Cong Wei Yang was leaving, Cong Lu Zhang came and whispered into her ear.

"Yes, I'll help you."