Chapter Thirty-One

Da Fan followed and Cong Wei Yang followed the escorts through the heavy doors that led towards a back garden.

In the garden a young servant girl hurried and announced, "First Madam Feng and Second Madam Feng has arrived."

The people present all turned to look towards the garden entrance, the crowd's expression were full of curiosity and cautiousness.

The two women that stepped through the door was a picture perfect view. One was like a white lotus innocent yet beautiful and the other had a more mature flair that made you look a second time.

The Feng's were now a commonly heard name for Feng Huang had the Emperor's favour, that in conjunction with  being a young successful minister made fathers and mothers take notice. Why hadn't they seen this young minister before he was married? It didn't matter after the Lonia Dynasty allows you three wives. 

Da Fan smiled and greeted the Madam wives who were basically the same or higher standing than the Fengs. This action garnered her plenty of points with the older women who like tradition and hated the younger generation ladies flippant behaviour.

In their time  it was a custom for these young wives to greet their elders as long as their social standing was equal or higher or as long as you weren't of the royal family.

"Second Madam Feng greet Madams." As she spoke Da Fan slightly bent her body. Everyone who was waiting for Cong Wei Yang to speak was annoyed.. As the lead woman to this party, Cong Wei Yang,  by customs should greet the host and guests in this more intimate setting. If it was more formal, greeting the host alone was fine. 

Cong Wei Yang was unaware that she's done something wrong took  the last seat at the head table. " Oh Da Fan, this table is full. You should find a seat else where."

Broken custom number two, as women without male companion sitting as one would display unity as wives but also prevent them from loosely talking.

Da Fan was amicable, she just giving Cong Wei Yang a whole length of rope to hang herself with.

"AS First Wife wishes." Da Fan knew not to be so assertive when dealing with the wives of Ministers especially First Wives of the older generation. These women could scandal a whore to shame.

The women were slightly disgusted by Cong Wei Yang's behaviour but choose not to speak. Da Fan sat a few tables away from Cong Wei Yang and began to converse with the other ladies and with little asking found that the party was more of a marriage meeting.

Cong Wei Yang sat among the main wives, proud as a peacock. She was determined to get along with like minded women and promote her herself and standing.

"Madam Mo is blessed to have such a large and beautiful garden in your home. " Cong Wei Yang speaking to the older woman as she came to the table.

The garden was indeed large, filled with roses, peonies and blossoming cherry trees. Madam took the compliment in strides, though she didn't like Cong Wei Yang but who doesn't like a compliment.

"Oh , it must be nothing compare to the Fengs." Madam Mo returned a smile. "I've heard so much about your house yet none of us have ever seen it. Is it as grand as they say it is?"

This captured the attention of the ladies at the table. Some of them were older women so they have daughters close in age to Cong Wei Yang, perhaps they could be the next third wife.

"It's not as grand as they say it is. I will definitely invite everyone one there soon to admire the scenery." This was the perfect time to have future guest to the party she was planning.

The women nodded and smiled at Cong Wei Yang. Plenty of them thoughts were different from hers. 

At the same time Feng Huang was on his way to the guard barracks. He haven't much information these past few days and wished to talk to the General of the capital guards.

"I didn't know when Minister started to be interested in the barracks?" A voice spoke behind Feng Huang.

"You are...?"

I AM BACK EVERYONE!!!! I have completed my one week training and it went well. I had almost three test everyday for the five days. I passed all of them.

On a other note I want to thank all those who followed me the past week because I wasn't able to respond or thank you. Thank you for all the votes and comments, it made my day.

I change the book cover and I want to thank @silentscarlettt for it. I hope you like. Ejoy this short but nice chapter.