1.11: In Which He Tries To Help

A/N: We're very close to finding out if 391 has any abilities and if so, what they are. 

     So what do you guys think they could be? Any ideas? :)

     Enjoy!

     --

     254 works his jaw as he watches 391 wince in pain.

     It had been a week since the Guard had cornered her in the showers for a'test' on her abilities, and the perverted fuck had yet to show his face again. Most likely because they'd heard 254's reaction and were trying to avoid losing a member of their team.

    It was only a matter of time before 254 crushes his wind-pipe though.

     They still tested her regularly. In fact, he'd say they'd been testing her more. Probably because the dislocated shoulder had put a dent on their schedule.

     At least her injuries were minimal compared to that time they'd thrown her off the scaffold.

     254 stares with sympathy as 391 sits on her bed, leaning back against the wall. Being in this place was admittedly harder now with her around. The Beast didn't like her being hurt – hell, 254 wanted to kill them all for it – and it was becoming unbearable with these instincts to keep her safe.

     "No luck?" He breaks the silence.

     "Nope," she sighs.

     He rubs his fingers over his lips for a moment before scooting forward until his legs hung over the edge of his bed, fingers entwining and dangling between his knees. "Maybe we should try."

     He was referring to her abilities.

     She eyes him sceptically. "You really think we can do it?"

     He shrugs. "Can't hurt."

     She nods slowly. "All right. Maybe they'll leave me alone when they find out what I can do."

     "They won't. They'll want to test whatever ability you have. But it won't hurt as much as it does now." It's the reason why he wants to help her – the only way he can.

     She exhales. "It's an improvement I guess." She sounds less than happy. "So where do we start?"

     He briefly wishes that he used to be a teacher before they wiped his memories then maybe this would come easily to him.

     "Well...my abilities come more naturally. I don't have to do anything; they're just there."

     "Thanks, that helps me a lot." Sarcasm Queen makes a appearance.

     He glares at her. "Smart-ass."

     She quirks an eyebrow as if to say so?

     The Beast rumbles in his chest, demanding 254 to fuck that attitude out of her.

     He almost chokes on his own spit at the sudden thought and the arousal which flooded with it. He can't be confident wherever it's his or The Beasts.

     Fuck, man.

     You need to give me a warning before you do that.

     It takes him a moment before he can think straight. He's vaguely aware of 391 eyeing him with an odd look.

     A thought occurs to him.

     I thought you liked her attitude?

     A nudge at his insides is his response.